Recent Posts

aimeexx
on 4/5/05 2:43 am - Beaumont, CA
Topic: RE: ONE YEAR OUT TODAY!
WOW, you look fabulous! Congrats! Aimee
Rae Smiles
on 4/5/05 2:20 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: A year ago I would not have......................
gotten into a size 10, added additional flower gardens in my yard, wear high heels, wear "normal" sized bracelets, and um, get on top.... RAE
Larakatya
on 4/5/05 1:59 am - Twin Cities, MN
CONGRATS David!!! You're doing AWESOME! ~Lara
Rachelq
on 4/5/05 1:06 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: -304 lb**** that milestone and missed it, swoosh!
Beth, That just blows me away! congrats to the two of you! Rachel
tonishappy
on 4/5/05 1:05 am - Greensboro, NC
Happy anniversary! and Congrats! I know that you feel good and you look GREAT! Toni Bowen Open DS - 20 April 204 285/155/125
Rachelq
on 4/5/05 1:04 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Oh! Good thread! I hope lots of people post to it. It so easy to get to the year and think about missed goals instead of all of the successes. I too have so many new things happening in life. Lots of my successes center around my kids and what I can do with them now vs. a year ago, not to mention that my hubby and I are like newly weds again!!! But it all comes down to improved health. A year ago, I would not have... Been able to run 11 miles at a 12 minute mile pace! (actually, a year ago I was lucky to walk a mile at all...and newly post op I was doing 17 minute mile pace)
Just Janice
on 4/5/05 12:58 am - Houston, TX
A year ago I would not have.... went on a rollercoaster because of my size (let alone do it by myself because I live with a bynch of chickens! LOL) I did this last weekend and cannot wait to go back...with or without someone else! Hee hee! So...I think with this surgery I have lost not only weight but my self consciousness about what people are thinking about me...man! I must have been so vain to think that I was on others minds, huh??? Janice
David@Goal
on 4/4/05 11:02 pm - VA
Topic: ONE YEAR OUT TODAY!
Hi gang- TODAY marks my one year WLS anniversary date. WOW! What a difference a year makes! I started in TIGHT 54" waist and am very comfortable in 36" waists now. I'm 6'3" so my weight hovers around 200 pounds (down from 379)..between 197 & 202, and I'm ok with that for now. My neck was a tight 20", now it's a loose 16.5". My shoe size never changed- still clunkin' around in my 13D's...lol. This surgery has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family. Also- I have met some of the most incredible people in the world, and I thank each and every one of you for sharing yourselves with me every day. David
thin_tyme
on 4/4/05 10:54 pm - WY
Topic: Sore tongue anyone?
I have had a sore tongue for the last 2 months. At first I thought I had burned it on something..Then someone mentioned at my WLS support group that it could be a vitamin defeciency. So I looked it up on the net, ya it could be a defeciency in riboflaven-B-2. So will have to talk with Dr. about this.
Dawn C.
on 4/4/05 10:50 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
A year ago I would not have.... said that I enjoy exercising and look forward to it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views