Recent Posts

MeltingMama
on 1/16/07 5:07 am - A few short miles from my dreamhouse, MA
Topic: RE: GREAT NEWS - for me at least
Sue, Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Me = preggo twice since surgery. I now have a nearly three month old. (The first did not go well.) Please, feel free to ask any questions.. I had a rough time during pregnancy. Beth www.meltingmama.typepad.com 320/298/149/171 High/Surgery/Low/Current
Jaime_C
on 1/7/07 12:35 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: RE: January is "Take your Vitamn(s) Month
It sounds like you have a regimin that really works for you. That's great! I take 1 women's Ultra Mega from GNC. I used to get b12 shots. I need to look into that again. I need to have a physical and get my blood levels taken and checked. I was putting it off, because I was to have surgery (cervical spine) this month, but now, no surgery!! I'll do this in April for the big 3 mark. Jaime
Jaime_C
on 1/7/07 12:32 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Yes! And it is said 30 days will BUILD any habit. Still taking them?? I am!! Jaime
Jaime_C
on 1/5/07 8:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Thank you! It's working for me, and Mechelle is doing great, also! It's funny, by focusing on this one area, I find I am getting back on track in other areas as well!! Jaime
Jaime_C
on 1/5/07 8:38 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: RE: cold flu arggg
Pam, here is some sympathy, but you are doing already what I do! The only other thing I do is buy zicam as soon as I start to sniffle. It works for me for keeping the cold minor instead of major. I also take mucinex and sudafed. Hope you feel better, Pammi! Jaime
Dedicated
on 1/4/07 9:01 pm - Eleva, WI
I did!!! Time to get back on that horse! Its tough once you get out of the habit!
pammy157
on 1/4/07 7:14 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
Topic: cold flu arggg
i have a cold. i dont' like haivng a cold. since i had the surgery i don't get sick like i use to. i was always sick with broncitis or phnomia anything anytype of flus colds sinus infections. now its just usually one time ayear that i'll pick something up. well right now i have a cold that has gotten to the point where if it wasn't a friday i'd be calling out sick. i can make this day but whew i'm planning on leaving early if i can get my things done. you know no one wants to see you at work when your not feeling just right. they'll be begging me to leave! but O NO I want to appear to be the perfect employee! I'll suffer through the morning..sneezing...sniffling...eyes all watery...carrying a big old box of tissues! smelling like vicks vapor rub and cough drops. this post is as much for alittle sympathy please! and any hints on what you do when you have a cold. I'm drinking alot of hot tea to keep hydrated. it also helps keep thing clearer in my head, nose, & throat. i avoide honey but will suck on a sugar freehoney cough drop. i'm tryign to stay away as long as possible from perscriptions. ever try those nose strips? i've used them at night and they seem to help. so tell me your hints please?
pammy157
on 1/4/07 7:08 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
what vitamins does everyone take? i do 2 flintstone chewables a day one in the AM & PM, a chewable vitamin C, chewable B12, chewable calcium 2 times a day again with the AM & PM, my blood levels are perfect. I like the chewable flavors it makes me feel like i'm getting a treat. like my little 5 pound pomerian when i say want a cookie gets all excited and jumps up and down drooling for her treat...thats me! what a chewy???? Ooooo i love the chewable calcium in the different flavors! woof
Larakatya
on 1/4/07 3:52 pm - Twin Cities, MN
thin_tyme
on 1/3/07 9:11 am - WY
Nicely said Jaime.. I took my vitamin today!!! I hope that you all will join us in this. I recently visited Susan Maria'snew website and we certainly are not in this alone. Maybe WLS patients are going through what we are, not losing all of our weight or it slowly creeping back up (maybe not so slowly, I don't know about you but it seems like it happened over night for me) Any way I just wanted to share something that I had read on her website, and I know that this was/is true for me. Whatever amount of weight we have been putting back on be it 5, 10, 20, or 30, there is a feeling of embarassment (people are watching us, at least me anyway) (it's like they want to see me fail) There are many feelings involved, we just need to kick it back up and get going again. One person said that they had a tendency to go into hiding and not seek any advice because of their embarassment. This is bad....Of course they don't want to do that (go into hiding) but those darn feelings. So lets band together and get going again. Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views