Recent Posts

ElvisGreaserGirl
on 4/5/05 1:06 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Topic: One Year Anniversary...
Okay It is 100 pounds later.... Im not sure if I should reflect, rejoice, or renuite. So I thought I would do all three! Lost 100 pounds, Gained a Life! Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and living large.. uhh okay not large.. xxs!
Jennifer H.
on 4/5/05 12:56 pm - williston, ND
Topic: RE: ONE YEAR OUT TODAY!
AWESOME! You look great!! Congratulations on your success!! Jennifer 271/172/150
Larakatya
on 4/5/05 6:37 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Sore tongue anyone?
Interesting - not heard of this, and not experiencing it myself. Keep us posted. ~Lara
lacmike
on 4/5/05 6:36 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: A year ago I would not have......................
Ran two miles, worked out with Tae Bo, or Sweat to the Oldies I would have sat on my fat butt and jus****ched the video. Lori 258/149/148...140
Luann S.
on 4/5/05 4:19 am - Green Bay, WI
Simply put, tried to cross my legs in public, I knew if I could just pullllll my leg over the other one I could do it. But now it's so much easier!! and my leg doesn't fall asleep L 254/190/150 p.s 4-8-05
Dedicated
on 4/5/05 4:04 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Any advice for a stalled loser?
Welcome to my world. I've lost 84 pounds and have been stuck too. Its my fault though, I've been eating too many carbs and not exercising enough. I am still losing inches though.
Melissa D.
on 4/5/05 3:52 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Topic: Any advice for a stalled loser?
Hi - I'm looking for advice for my husband. WE both had GBS and today is his 1 yr anniversary. He's done well up to a point. He stopped losing wt at 80 lbs off. Seems like no matter how little or much he eats he just doesn't lose. But then he doesn't gain either. Do you all find that by increasing the amount of protein helps? Is it more water? How about activity. He's joined a gym but can't work out well due to the hanging belly creating numbness and pain in the tops of his thighs. I've started him on Whey Protein shakes at work or a protein bar so that he gets protein in rather than grabbing a carb from the vending machine between bkft and lunch. But he's only just started them so no results yet. We have an appt today with the surgeon for our regular check up. I'm going to ask some hard questions and not let him put us off anylonger. I think perhaps an upper GI is in order to see if the stomach is still pouched properly. Any advice or insights you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance from a new member! Melissa
mikkozoe
on 4/5/05 3:46 am - Conyers, GA
The self esteem that i have now ...before i was soo woried what others thought of me and if they liked me and all ....And now i just do what i have to do and if i make them mad then so be it ( not intentinally you do know this ...Like at work and i know i am doing something right if it made someone mad or something i would do their work for them so they would not be mad at me and so on ) but i am not afraid to go out in public eaither ...... Laura
Melissa D.
on 4/5/05 3:46 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Topic: RE: ONE YEAR OUT TODAY!
Hi David - Congrats!! You've done wonderfully. You should be proud of yourself. Today is also my hubby 1 yr anniversary. He's struggling but hopes to continue with his wt loss. My anniversary is next month on the 5th and I've done well also! I'm so excited. Isn't it amazing what difference a year can make?! Melissa
askaggs1
on 4/5/05 2:51 am - Cunningham, KY
Topic: RE: ventral hernia repair today!!
Donna, I just read your email I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you before you went in!! I am going to be saying a prayer for you and Dr. A (gotta make sure his hand is steady) But I know you will do fine!! We need to get together soon! All my love, Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views