Recent Posts

cotesbabe
on 4/7/05 11:46 am - Agawam, MA
Topic: Anyone heard how Sue B. Shrinking is doing?
Hi Amos Family, Has anyone heard From Sue B? I've been thinking about her....... I believe she was scheduled tues the 5th for ps.? Just curious to how she is doing....... If anyone hears anything ..could you please update me? Thanks Take Care All Stephanie
Rachelq
on 4/7/05 7:21 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Food Journals - Melting Mama is on Vacation
Hey Josie...you having a great protien day. I on the other hand am PMSing...so salty salty salty... Bfast - protien bar and herb tea Propel snach...cheese and crackers Lunch...jerky...that's it jerkey...not to healthy Starbuck ff,sf,decaf, hazelnut latte (1/2 a tall). More jerky Moving on to string cheese for dinner. ...and 24 more oz of water. The PMS monster should be leaving by tomorrow. Then its back to healthy eating.
Dedicated
on 4/7/05 6:31 am - Eleva, WI
I blew it today, big time. Its "that time of the month". I just upped my prozac, so maybe if I can get my emotions under control that will help too. Today I had.... B - protein shake S - 1 C cottage cheese L - Wendy's Ham Frescata sandwhich (no tomato, 1/2 the bun) S - Two small snack bags of ritz/bitz w/cheese crackers No water (I know). I had three diet dr pepper vanilla cherry pops. God I'm weak. I did walk the doggle this morning. 1/2 hr. Will walk him again tonight for the longer walk 45min. Tomorrow will be solid protein and water. If I don't shape up I won't make my one year goal.
Dawn C.
on 4/7/05 3:13 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Decaf coffee with scoop french vanilla protein, splash of milk, splenda 2 mile walk away the pounds workout B-3/4 c. cottage cheese 16 oz water L-mini salad - 1 oz cheese, 1 oz turkey a little bit of lettuce and a few other veggies, 1/4 c. hummus, baby carrots and cukes S- apple, string cheese D - chicken breast, grilled I think. It's finally warm enough here to grill!!! I have to get more water in. I think I am having some stomach issues. I just can't pin point them. I think part of it is gas but every morning when I wake up the pit of my stomach "hurts". Like when you suck your gut in. And it continues throughout the day. Any ideas??? If something doesn't change by tomorrow I am call my doc. Dawn 287/192.5 (yay that 4 lb gain is almost gone!)/165
Just Janice
on 4/7/05 2:53 am - Houston, TX
We won't make ya do this alone!!!! Thanks for taking on the job! Coffeecoffeecoffee with FF milk, splenda Breakfast 10 medium shrimp Lunch chicken with cheese and hot sauce, or maybe more shrimp Dinner chicken breasts stuffed with feta and spinach..yum!!! steamed veggies, and some sort of carbs for the rest of the family snacks, maybe... strawberries mozz stick pepperoni Janice 346/310/163 (stuck!!)/145-150 ish
Josie C.
on 4/7/05 2:02 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: Food Journals - Melting Mama is on Vacation
I figure I can pick-up for awhile...so come on...post em here! Don't make me do this alone - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Well, I am doing the protein thing...I am so ticked that I am just one measly pound away from the Century Club...still a long way from where I would like to be, but you would think I would have made it into the club by now... So it is protein, protein, and more protein until I start losing again. B - Carb Control Smoothie - Berries 'n Creme L - Atkins Protein Bar D - 2oz Hamburger Patty & 2oz cottage cheese If I have a snack it will be another protein bar, but probably a Power Crunch. Wish me luck. 343/330/244/180 - for PS
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 3:39 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: RE: A year ago I would not have......................
:::thinking::: I don't know! Suppose that means it's time to do something drastic? I was thinking about getting a piercing. Oh, okay... I'd never cross my legs--- something I do incessantly now. Even here at the keyboard- sitting crosslegged! Man, I need more excitement. :-x There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 3:36 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: RE: Any advice for a stalled loser?
We're twins - my husband had surgery on 5/10/2004 (and me on 4/5/2004) He's losing really well right now - he actually just passed me up in loss totals - and we're five weeks apart... This is how he eats, not that it may make any difference, because eating like this doesn't work for ME, .. Here's my husbands' day: Breakfast- 4 thin slices bacon, cooked crisp 8 oz Light & Healthy OJ (with vitamins) Snack- Peanuts or Glenny's Slim Carb Bar - Chocolate Lunch- 1 slice High Protein/Low Carb Bread 2 oz turkey or tuna Mayo Snack- Glenny's Slim Carb Bar - Chocolate Dinner- Smart Ones Low Carb Frozen Dinner (or protein out of whatever dinner I cook...plus couple of bites veggie/carb) Snack- 1 slice High Protein/Low Carb Bread 2 oz tuna Mayo or- a real snack, like low carb cookies, etc... Liquids- He drinks diet iced tea, crystal light, skim milk, light & healthy oj, diet lemonade, etc... I'd say it's about 1000 cals most days... or slightly higher? He's lost about 154-156 lbs since May 10th, 2004.... -Beth There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 3:17 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: ..and we're off!
*see you all soon - we're heading to FL tommorrow - we'll be home around the 24th* This is my first time away from a scale in 366 days. I'm gonna have some detachment issues. I've got all my protein stashes packed. I am thinking it may be possible to actually lose weight on vacation this time around. Lots more exercise than I am accustomed to - along with being away from a kitchen for a couple of weeks - I just might see *goal* when we're home?! Anyways- miss ya all!! -beth -169, 14 to goal...
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 3:07 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: Belated Beth Un-Birthday!
Happy belated one-year to ME! (this is from my update email...) What a ride this has been so far! If you had asked me 364 (err, edit 366) days ago, while I was sitting in the hotel the night before surgery, having my last "supper" so to speak, if I thought I'd be sitting here in a size 8 - I'd have LAUGHED in your face! No, really, I would have! I've surpassed what I thought was possible - and I'm not even done yet. The surgeons' & docs told me to expect to lose 65%-80% of the excess weight I was carrying. They told me that it would be likely to hit those percentages and then maintain or possibly have a bounce-back regain. Here I sit at 95% excess lost, with 5% to go. Now, we all know that it's not a cure - this is something I will always have to be aware of, gaining weight is so easy! Anyways - now that I'm in the "home stretch" so to speak - and the window of opportunity for losing weight is likely to end soon, I'm working on trying to get off a few more pounds. It's been extremely difficult and slow going these past three months. I think I may be as low pound-wise as I can get right now. I also may have several pounds of excess skin (eww eww eww, I know, just put on one of those makeover shows or Discovery Health channel, you'll get it) So - perhaps after plastic surgery - I'll be at my medically "ideal" weight for height. I'm looking to get an abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, thigh lift, and BOOBS! Of course, my lovely insurance company will be the one to decide this at this point in time. I go for a consult on April 28th. Anywho- the stats- One year ago - 298 lbs Size 26/28 or 3X Today- 144 lbs Size 8/10 or Medium Loss of 154 lbs, and many many inches, I wish I had measured pre-op, but I know my hips pushed 60" at one point Goal is 130 lbs, I'm 5'5" - and the "ideal body weight" is 128 lbs for my height, I just rounded it up. The "healthy weight range" is 114-151 lbs. The average weight for an American woman my age and height is 147 lbs - so I'm perfectly "average" right about now. That's pretty cool on it's own. Some have told me that 130 is too small, BUT... I don't look small now, and 130 will probably only happen with removal of excess skin and tissue, so I won't really look any different than I do right now. Can you tell I'm excited to get plastics? I'm scared - too, but I know it's probably a long ways off. Okay - I've had entirely too much coffee - babbling on and on here. I promise you won't get another one of "these" emails for at least six months. Hee-hee. Oh, and in about five weeks when you get Bob's update email. Thanks, EVERYONE for your support - laughs - and stupid human tricks with skin! Oh - and, YES, if I had to do it all again, damn straight I would! Me linkages: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=O1079859519&NoStatic=1 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ http://community.webshots.com/album/144606852cYSQFQ Beth There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  HW- 313+ SW- 298 CW- 144 GWR- 114-151 A very merry unbirthday to me - to me! -169 lbs, 14 to goal...
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views