Recent Posts

Dawn C.
on 4/12/05 5:52 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: Tuesday Food diaries
adding: s2 - apple with 1 T . peanut butter I am out of food and am hungry again. Real physical hunger. This is really weird. I really want some popcorn but am trying to chug water to keep myself and my pouch busy! Dawn
~EbonyBarbie~
on 4/12/05 5:47 am - XX
Topic: Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24 hours to respond................ Repost from Main Board ! Urgent !!!!!! Cliques or Angels? What is this Board? You Decide! Original Post by Dx E at 7:05 AM PST on 04/12/2005 Oxford, MS - RNY (08/05/2003) Hey Folks, Bare with Me- I'm On A Mission!! There is always that notion of "Cliques" & "The IN Crowd" Out here on the AMOS Message Board. Now's EVERYONE'S Chance to Squash that notion From both sides of the Coin! I have an Odd Favor to ask. Pj, (Mr. Pj lest you think him a Lady) Is having his surgery in my hometown on Wednesday. He's posted out here only twice, but has no profile or support page. He's about as "sideline" as one can get. He posted earlier at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/messageboard/postdetail/1152590.html?vc=0 Since he's having his WLS done in my little town, I would love to gather the words of encouragement and support from All of you, so I can print it up in a "card" and drop it by the Hospital To greet him in his room when he comes out of surgery. Yes? It's probably bending the rules a touch, But sometimes, just sometimes, The end does justify the means. I've sent up a "Temporary Support Page" for him at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=i1113278051 Please take a moment to sign his surgery support card So I can have something to take by the hospital on Wednesday Morn. Here's a chance for the Non-"In Crowd-er "To get Swamped with responses! Yes? If you've ever felt "Marginalized" on this Board Now's Your Chance! Let this "Super-Newbie" Luxuriate in the Support of 100's! If you've ever been accused of being Cliquish," And responding only to the "In-Crowd," Now's your chance to Squash that "Virtual/Cyber-Urban Legend." Yes, I'm on a mission, And I only have 24 hours to gather a Mountain of Support for this Total Stranger! I didn't come out on this site with a Post, a Reply, or a Profile, Until I was 10 Months Post-Op. I don't want another fellow WLS Patient to pass by all of the Support this site has to offer. I'm hoping that ALL of you "Lurkers" out here That never post, will drop by for this one. And ALL of you "Constantly Present Posters," will Rally to this cause as well! 24 hours and Counting!!! If you really want to help Pj out, Pass this on to your Local State Boards or Forums? My "Mind Reader Skills" here some of you thinking- "Why THIS Guy?" WHY NOT? Jump on in to a Random Act of Kindness With Both Feet, And it will be the most refreshing "Plunge" of the week! My Favorite Quote- "You have never really lived Until you've done something For someone who can never repay you." -Anonymous (how fitting!) Thank you all so much in advance! Best Wishes- Dx * Please pass this along to other boards you post on..........
Cuffytar C.
on 4/12/05 5:34 am - Norwalk, CT
Topic: BM Muscles Seem Broken...
This is a gross subject, and I'm going to ask my surgeon when I see him, but does anyone have the following problem with BMs? Not that they're hard, but pretty big and the colon muscles don't work the same way they did before surgery. I have to strain like crazy and kind of push manaully to work it out. I can't believe I'm writing this, but it is a problem. I can actually see the varicose veins on my legs swell as I strain. I'm wondering if the intestines/colon lose some of the muscles that used to so effectively push everything through. I may end up at a proctologist, if my surgeon doesn't have any answers. I'm actually wishing for the days when I used to have diarhea! Didn't have to strain then! Thanks for any feedback and sorry for the graphic details here. Linda 334/204
Donna Paige
on 4/12/05 5:29 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 ME & YOU & YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY APRIL 12TH BUDDIES!!! YEEEEHHAHHH! We are sooo much healthier today than a year ago. AND THE SCALES FINALLY MOVED AGAIN. I wanted to be in the 160's but still in the 170's but I'm happy.. Donna Paige 4/12/04-Open RNY- Distal 339/174
Donna Paige
on 4/12/05 5:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: 1 YEAR & TEARS
Happy New Birthday Sister! We are doing simply Marvelous!
Dedicated
on 4/12/05 5:23 am - Eleva, WI
Okay. I messed up lunch. I had baked ziti (Sbarro). Not all of it of course. But, man. Protein shake for dinner.
Larakatya
on 4/12/05 4:37 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: My pouch hates me
Three days in a row - lunch has gotten hurled. Different food each time. It eventually calms down and I get to eat again. . . But I'm so sick of it. There I was bragging to myself about how it had been a month since I've gotten sick, and now BAM BAM BAM! I am not ungrateful for my tool. And I'm not misbehaving that I can comprehend. It's just being a snotty little princess and its ******g me off. I'm oncall today. . . .I can't take time to go and puke every 5 minutes this afternoon. . .so it needs to knock its crap off soon. Uggh. . . .tummy ache. . .I feel like a 4 year old. But I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't eat too fast, and I wasn't trying to eat too much. I didn't even eat 1/3 of what I presented myself with. Apparently the princess doesn't like tunafish out of a can. (I wish she'd have spoken up sooner! Is just rediculous. . .I'm a year out. . .why isn't it calming down? Does anyone else have this problem? *sigh* ~vent over~ ~Lara
Dedicated
on 4/12/05 3:32 am - Eleva, WI
I'm doing terrible today. B - protein shake S - 1/2 bag of cracker/cheese combos L - ?? Its 12:30 and I'm hungry, but have no idea what I'm hungry for. Nothing sounds good. I'm out of protein bars and don't feel like a shake. D - ?? 48 oz of propel done.
Just Janice
on 4/12/05 2:24 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: 1 YEAR & TEARS
LOL Sissy..I was just complaining about the numbers on my food post..LOL Thanks for bringing it all into perspective! Diabetes is gone, hypertension is gone, and a boat load of other issues.... WHOOOO for living! (A bigger whoooo to you for realizing it is not about the numbers!!!!) Janice 346/310/161/145-150ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views