Recent Posts

Just Janice
on 4/13/05 3:16 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: My pouch hates me
LARA!!!! My Puking friend! I have been going thru the same thing this past week....not only can I not eat a raction of what I normally do, but what I do get down promptly comes up! I am so offended..this has even happened with my near and dear friend...chicken, cheese, and hot sauce...btw...mental note...not as good coming back.... I think you are sooooo on the money refering to the pouch as a spolied princess! LMAO! I think I will name mine Princess Penelope Pouch...***** extraordinaire...... J
Jillybean
on 4/13/05 3:02 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: 1 YEAR & TEARS
We are eerily similar. I also started at 288lbs, a size 26/28. I am now 163lbs, size 10. With my one year anniversary being yesterday, I had beat myself up about not hitting my goal by now (150lbs), but like you, I did some reflection and introspection. I am a different person than I was a year ago. Not only do I look better, but I'm healthier, I feel better, and there is so much more I can do. I am so thankful for the progress I've made this year. THe question now becomes, "will I ever be satisfied?"-- and the fact that I can't answer that scares me. Keep up the good work, and hang in there! Jill 288/163/150
Jillybean
on 4/13/05 2:53 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: Two major milestones
Thats awesome! Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself! Jill 288/163/150
Jillybean
on 4/13/05 2:52 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: Bad eating..
I certainly haven't been perfect. (Maybe thats why I haven't hit goal yet). I try to eat a healthy, balanced, diet. I stick to it for the most part. But I'm not above eating pasta or a donut or a cookie every now and then. I do hit the gym pretty often, and my eating habits aren't nearly as bad as they were before surgery, but I do cheat at times. It scares me when I do. And then I just have to tell myself that I have to get back on track. I treat my eating as an addiction. If I "fall off the wagon", I just try to jump back on instead of beating myself up over it. Hang in there! Jill 288/163/150
Jillybean
on 4/13/05 2:48 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: One year anniversary and checkup!
Congratulations!! Thats awesome! Let us know how the consult goes! Jill 288/163/150
aimeexx
on 4/13/05 2:23 am - Beaumont, CA
Topic: One year anniversary and checkup!
Hi all, yesterday was my one year anniversary! My official stats are... Beginning weight 278.5, size 24/26 One year weight, 147, size 6/8 Loss of 131.5 lbs! I got permission to have a plasic surgery consultation! Thank you all for being on this journey with me. Even though I don't post every day, I read posts faithfully and it has been all of your encouragement that I have made it so successfully. Aimee
Dawn C.
on 4/13/05 2:21 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: Food Journals - Wednesday
b- Panera bread lower-carb Asiago cheese bagel. I don't normally eat bagels but forgot to pack a protein bar and needed something while I waited for my car to be serviced. I had 1/2 for breakfast and the other 1/2 for morning snack at 10:30. Here are the stats: 240 calories Fat: 9 gr Sat Fat: 4.5gr Net carb: 11gr Protein: 19 gr Not too bad a choice 12 oz decaf coffee w/ 2 creamers 16 oz crystal light L- small salad with 2 oz. grilled chicken, 1 oz feta, cukes, low fat dressing For snacks I packed cukes, apple, banana and of course more WATER!!!!! I have a support group meeting tonight so I really should grab a protien bar/shake or something to eat on my way there since I won't be home until after 8 pm. Have a great day! It's sunny and 60 in the Burgh! 5 days straight of sunshine. I think that is a record!! Dawn 287/191/165
Josie C.
on 4/13/05 1:43 am - High Desert, CA
Julie, I know it is tough and I'm not sure I am the one to talk since I am still struggling to reach goal, but what I want to say is simple... I chose this surgery to be normal and being normal includes enjoying an occasional sugary treat and pasta. Mind you I am like Lara I don't think I will ever be one of those who can't think about every bit of food I put into my body...my body wants to keep every calorie. However, if I do indulge I will pay my penitence with extra walking or aerobics. So if you are going to make those questionable choices keep an eye on the scale...remember never let yourself gain more than 5lbs...and pay the price if necessary with extra exercise.
Josie C.
on 4/13/05 1:36 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: Food Journals - Wednesday
Come on! Everybody post the food today...doing the Jenny Craig thing myself so my day is planned and measured...woohoo! --------------------------------- Pre-B = 1 cup Hood Carb Countdown Chocolate Milk B = Complete Start Cereal...dry L = Personal Pizza S = Cheeze Curls D = Salisbury Steak There is a lot more food on the menu, but yesterday I was barely able to get in the minimum. 343/244/180-for PS
Larakatya
on 4/13/05 1:33 am - Twin Cities, MN
I'm no angel either. . . .but I try hard, and I know that I'm making better choices overall now than I ever did before. I haven't eaten a Krispy Kreme yet (I hope I don't) but if I do. . .I know that I would have eaten 2-4 of them. That's not something I do anymore. I'm not trying to justify anything to you. And to be honest, I've become rather harsh about it when I see people who are enjoying a sugary treat that I would enjoy dreaming about enjoying. . . .and if they are obese my thought is "They are choosing that body, by choosing that food." I never thought about it that way before. It's not that I'm not sympathetic to the plight of the obese - I remember well what it felt like. . .I've just grown unable to accept a lack of accountabiltity for one's actions regarding - food ingested equaling the body type one has. There are some people who have a blessed metabolism that allows them to eat whatever crap they throw down their gullet. I am not one of those people. Evolution favored people who could retain weight for times of famine. . .I am one of those. I own that. So when I see someone enjoying a "treat" that I "wish" I could have. . .I remember that this new body of mine is a choice. And that I can eat anything I want - I just have to be prepared to pay the price. I guess what I'm saying is - I eat easy mac, and I eat frozen entrees, and last night I slept in a carb coma for 2 hours in the evening from some delicious raviolis I had at dinner - but I'm doing better than I ever have in my life - and I take it one day at a time. I'm not gonna kick your a$$ but I'll hold your hand. Hugs, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views