Recent Posts

Larakatya
on 4/13/05 11:13 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Cereal..
I eat oatmeal. - I usually stir in a 1/4 cup of nuts for additional protein, but it does add fat and calories) Other ideas: shrimp ****tail hard boiled egg string cheese Good luck! ~Lara
Larakatya
on 4/13/05 11:11 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: new photo's added (bikini one too)
That is just awesome Lisa! I can't wait to have my plastics and be out there in a bikini too! (Never wore one before) big hugs, ~Lara
Eileen G.
on 4/13/05 11:02 pm - Sun Valley, NV
Topic: 1 year ..135lbs..a new me...
Greetings all I can't believe its been a year ...I've lost a whole person, but gained a "new one"...to those of you who are starting your journey ..God bless you and those of you who are on your journey...take your vitamins,drink your water and get your protein....Takr care and I will post pics soon...Eileen
LesaPurdy
on 4/13/05 9:52 pm - panama city bch, fl
I have a scar too..not too0 big..but I proudly sport it.. it's my scar of life..LOL.. don't be embarrassed to have a scar..that scar saved your life and self esteem too
amomfor2angels
on 4/13/05 9:17 pm - Grovetown, GA
Topic: Cereal..
Okay, here I thought I was doing so good eating a bowl of Grape Nuts for breakfast. Then I go onto Fitday.com and enter the food I ate and dang...heres the stats on 3/4 cup of cereal and a cup of milk.. Cal:433 Fat:5 Carbs:83 Protein:18 Not sure which is worse...the carbs or calories. I need some good breakfast ideas please that arent so high is calories!!!
amomfor2angels
on 4/13/05 9:12 pm - Grovetown, GA
Wowzer...you look awesome Lisa!!! I dont think I could ever get myself to wear a bikini!! Especially since I had my surgery open, I have that big scar on my belly!! Your looking great!!!
amomfor2angels
on 4/13/05 8:57 pm - Grovetown, GA
Topic: RE: Food Journals - Wednesday
Okay...Im gonna be honest of what I ate and maybe this will help me realize I need to eat better!! B: 1 Krispry Kreme Donut (bad bad bad)...(but so good) S: Crystal Light w/ Isopure YUK lol L: Taco Bell... 1/2 portion of kids nachos and a 1/2 enchirito.......sweet tea 1/2 hour later D: BBQ steak with small baked potatoe w/sour cream and salsa & Green Beans S: popcorn I dont drink enough liquids at all...I have never been a big drinker. Today will be a better day!!!
amomfor2angels
on 4/13/05 8:53 pm - Grovetown, GA
Topic: RE: Bad eating..
Thanks for the encouranging words. It helps to know Im not the only one indulging in crap food. lol I did do much better yesterday. I was PMSing last week, so I think that had a lot to do with a lot of my snacking attacks. But the choices are mine what I stick in my mouth and I need to be more aware of what those bad foods could end up doing if Im not careful!! I have an appointment on the 2nd of May to see the plastic surgeon. Luckily I dont have a lot of extra skin, but my poor boobs could use a lot of help!! I hope they will fix me up!!
ruthdebra
on 4/13/05 2:25 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Topic: Yesterday's anniversary post
One year ago about this time I was being moved from the recovery time to ICU. Wow - what a journey this has been. And what wonderful friends I have made along the way. You are all part of my journey as I am yours. I am feeling so successful today. I am half of my body weight and at my personal weight and health goal...Have permanently gotten rid of 127.5 pounds. I can breathe and walk and exercise and have a new job. One that I couldn't have done a year ago. Most of my clothes are size 6. My partner Sherry has been my major support every step of the way. She and all of you and my in-person support group are a huge part of my success. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I too have worked hard to be here today. Had I not had WLS I might not be here at all, let alone feeling healthy and vibrant and full of joy. It's a very emotional time for me. I've had moments today of being full of tears of happiness and gratitude. I didn't realize how quickly this year has gone. Must be a sign of aging. But my spirit is youthful even if I am 60. But I'm so happy to be here. Sixty is a wonderful age. Thank you all my friends. Love, Ruth 253/126- at goal/125.5 (current weight)
LesaPurdy
on 4/13/05 1:30 pm - panama city bch, fl
Topic: RE: BM Muscles Seem Broken...
Linda I had this happen to me too.. not the varicose veins but the BM's.. they put me on Zelnorm 6 mg and it works like a charm..I feel so much better.. but to get it I had to go see an gastrointestinal dr..have a colonoscopy and endoscopy..put my plumbing is now working and It's wonderful
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views