Recent Posts

janiej
on 4/14/05 7:05 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: One year out.....
Janice - happy one year birthday to you.... We're twins (well sort of). I'm glad you can admit to thin ~~ that's still a hard one for me. You did it!! Take in all the praise you can. There will always be those days when we want to beat ourselves up over something that we'll reach inside to remember where we came from. We can do this -- we did do this. Be proud. Hugs to you and congratulations!! Janie
janiej
on 4/14/05 7:02 am - Independence, IA
Topic: Me Too - 1 Year Loser
I also feel obligated to do a one year post. My s/o asked me if this has been hard for me. Heeeelllll yes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! It's been an incredible year and I feel I have been one of the really lucky ones, or not, depending on how you look at it. The only thing I have thrown up on was water (drinking too fast) and can eat any meat. Milk, however, is another story but I'm finally used to not getting milk with my meals. I've had absolutely no complications or problems after my surgery! On the other hand since I can't eat about anything, sometimes I do (Oreo cookies are evil) and have to remember where I came from. I swear on my grandma's grave (she would be so proud of me) that I'll never go back where I came from. Sometimes my head has trouble keeping up with what's going on with the rest of my body and if they ever figure out how to do surgery on our heads along with our tummies I'm sure the world would stop turning! This has been an incredible year. I've been rollerskating and shoveled snow just for the fun of it. I love curling up in a chair with my knees all bent up just because they fit!! I went out and bought new leather chaps and jacket for the motorcycle & my son calls me hit motorcycle mama... He's 10 and measures my loss by how far he can put his arms around me. You guys on this board have been great. You really keep me motivated. For awhile I was in a silent battle with Beth and when she surpassed me I felt left behind. But I'm going to catch her one of these days. Besides I have a few years on her. I found a chart that told me for my age (45) I actually weigh what the "average" woman does. Today, the beginning of my 2nd year of new birth I have a new exercise plan in place and am looking to kill the carb monster. My ultimate goal (why are we so obsessed with numbers) is to be comfortable in a size 10 and to weigh 145. I've come too far to settle for where I'm at right now -- Thanks to everyone for the posts and encouragement. I know even when we're not posting, and just reading, we're still there for each other. God bless all of you. Janie Lap RNY 4/14/2004 272/160/145?
Dedicated
on 4/14/05 6:30 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating? - Thursday Food Journals
Lunch was some taco salad. Went to taco bell and ate about 1/2 of it, no beans, no shell. S - trail mix About done with liquids.
Just Janice
on 4/14/05 6:18 am - Houston, TX
Topic: One year out.....
OK...here is my "mandatory" one year out post... I MADE IT!!!! (and no innocent animals were hurt in the process..although, hubby is a little worse for wear..LOL) I weighed in at 160 today...still 10-15 higher than my MD wants me at, but just WHO IS LIVING THIS LIFE ANYWAY???? Certainly, not him! He cannot claim a smaller butt, saggier boobies, thighs that clap for you during intense workouts, a stomach that looks like melting cheese...ooooooooo...chhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssseeeeeeee....Oops..sorry..tangent..LOL The only thing, albeit a LARGE little thing, he can claim is the talent to do my surgery and hell at me for eating a measely green bean when all I was to eat were leafy greens and lean meats...hey..GREEN beans....who wouldn't think that was a green veggie..they have leaves before they are picked... I did the rest..MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!! Don't get me wrong, all of the support from friends and family...both of which apply to everyone here, as you are all considered my group of extended family...we are all related in this weird WLS way, like it or not (esp that freaky aunt everyone has in their tree...) helped, but I was the one who was putting things in my mouth. At times, I shouldn't have shoveled various things into my proverbial piehole, but I did, and DAMNIT...I would do it ALL AGAIN! The dumping, throwing up, icky feelings...all were things that made me grow (and shrink, of course). Without bad manuevers, I would not know what GOOD feels like, what SATISFIED feels like, what THIN feels like (OMG..did I finally admit I am thin??? BREAKTHRU)!! I just want to say thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement whenever I am feeling funky, physically or emotionally. You are the best group that I have ever been associated with, and I hope that we are keeping in touch for a long time to come. You all have a special place in my heart!!! Janice
janiej
on 4/14/05 5:57 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: Body Language
I find myself crossing my arms over my stomach and I finally decided it's because I'm trying to hide my stomach. After 112 lb loss I still have this roll around my middle that I hate. Eventually I'll probably be checking into ps, until then I'm a big wussy! And I've not noticed being so cold as not being so warm. Our weather here in Iowa has been around 70 and in the past I would have been getting warm by now. I'm still pretty comfortable in a sweatshirt and long pants. Can't wait to see how the 85 degree dog days of summer feel. My most relaxing feeling is to be laying in the sun with it beating down through me -- I can't wait to feel that kind of warmth again! Janie
Cuffytar C.
on 4/14/05 5:52 am - Norwalk, CT
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating? - Thursday Food Journals
Oh wow - you had your surgery the day before me! Congratulations on almost being one year out! Here's what I've eaten so far today: B: 1 lo-fat yogurt 1 orange and 1 banana Snack: 1 donut hole, strawberries and blueberries (about 1/4 cup) Lunch: 1 bag lite butter popcorn 3 slices swiss cheese Dinner: Will have 10 sea scallops 1 pkg frozen green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic Snack: Probably another bag of popcorn I eat a LOT these days, which is probably why I have not lost anything in about 4 months. Continued health and good luck! Linda 334/204
Rachelq
on 4/14/05 4:28 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: 1 year ..135lbs..a new me...
Congrats on the year...good luck on the next leg of your journey...keep us posted on progress. Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/14/05 4:27 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Cereal..
Breakfast for me is usually a protien bar and herb tea or Eggs or eggs (boxed type) and cheese or eggs and beans or Beans and corn tortilla or cottage cheese and fruit
Rachelq
on 4/14/05 4:24 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Yesterday's anniversary post
Ruth my friend! Congratulations on your many success. Please keep us posted on the next 60 years! Hugs, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views