Recent Posts

Debra S.
on 4/15/05 8:16 am - Hillsborough, NJ
Topic: RE: Happpy Aniversary To My Fellow 2004 April 15thers!
Happy Happy to all 15thers as well. I am a fellow tax dayer and feel great. I am also now just about three weeks post op from my tummy tuck and brachioplasty. I am doing great and have gone from a size 22/24 one year ago to a size 10 so far after PS. I will be having a slight revision on my tummy tuck for some extra skin that couldn't be removed during my first surgery due to healthy surgery time constraints. I see my WLS surgeon on May 9th and can't wait to see his reaction when he sees me. Again - congrats on your year as well. 277/175/don't know would like to see 165.
janiej
on 4/15/05 5:26 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: Me Too - 1 Year Loser
Thank you ladies -- sorry, but it's not a hawg -- too expensive for my blood. I have a 800 Suzuki Intruder, but love to ride. Not quite your typical motorcycle mama, but it's fun to dress up in the gear! Would love to have a Harley, love the sound . . . grrrrr but my budget won't allow it!! Janie
janiej
on 4/15/05 3:38 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: Anybody have fat days?
Yep, I totally hear ya. There are days when I feel like I've never lost a pound. Jeans are tight, look in the mirror, roll around middle is sticking out, well you get the idea. But then I look at the pictures of where I've come from and you know what? I don't look so bad after all. Janie
Just Janice
on 4/15/05 2:23 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: I am not obese anymore!
WHOOOOO!! GO GIRL!!!! Janice
Just Janice
on 4/15/05 2:22 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Happpy Aniversary To My Fellow 2004 April 15thers!
LMAO! Tax day! hee hee...I guess we all know what you got on your return last year...a NEW LIFE!!! Congrats on your success!!! Janice
Dawn C.
on 4/15/05 2:15 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: I am not obese anymore!
I just checked my BMI and it's 29.6! I am only overweight! Whoo hoo! Today is a good day! Dawn
Dedicated
on 4/15/05 1:52 am - Eleva, WI
I do! Some days I get up and I feel so proud of my body and have a "thin" day (even though I still have 50pounds to lose). And other days I "feel" fat and don't even try to put on jeans and just wear extremely casual clothes to work. Today I happened to have a thin morning! Yesterday was a fat day, no matter what I put on, how I stood in front of the mirror, I could only see the 274 pound Tina, not the 190 pound version that sits here today! Part of my problem is that I'm so far from my goal of losing 100 pounds by my re-birthday on the 23rd. That has really gotten me down and having more "fat" days lately. I think this will take time.
petel
on 4/15/05 1:36 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: Happpy Aniversary To My Fellow 2004 April 15thers!
Happy TAX Day Aniversary!!! I am at my goal weight and doing great. God bless and feel well, Pete
Just Janice
on 4/15/05 1:26 am - Houston, TX
EVERY DAY!!!! I see the sagging skin, the body issues, etc, and I feel fat. I think it is because I had "issues" with my body when I was fat, so I aquaint the bad feelings to being fat. Does that make sense? Fat=icky issues, so icky issues must = being fat, nothing else. right? UNfortunately, this is something we will be dealing with for a lonnnnnng time. I used to blame a lot of my self esteem problems on my weight. Now that the weight is almost all gone, I am forced to deal with the real issues at hand, whatever they may be, since I cannot blame the weight anymore. This surgery fixes out bodies, but not our minds (darn the luck!) After being large for so long, to expect "normalcy" after such a relatively short time is next to impossible. Give it time...the pics will help. Also, one thing that doesn't help, at least with me, is that at 350+ people used to tell me how great I looked...now, I get the same compliments. I look at old pics, and think.."What were they thinking? I looked AWFUL!!! Ewwww!" I have a hard time believing the compliments now because I KNOW what I was before....can I believe them now, or are they just blowing smoke up my skirt? Janice (I hope what I was trying to say came thru the babble..LOL)
Middlesgirl
on 4/14/05 10:38 pm - Lansing, MI
Topic: Anybody have fat days?
Haven't been here in a while--been so busy. Going through a spell of feeling fat again. NOT GOOD!! I am 5'10", and weigh 153 lbs, so I know I am not fat. But when I look in the mirror I see fat. *sigh* So frustrating I can't seem to break the mental hold. Am trying to get pics together and get them posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views