Recent Posts

Tamara B.
on 3/7/07 6:33 am - southwest, MO
Topic: RE: Roll Call - post your successes, your challenges, and a friendly message to the April clan
Hey ladies, I've not been on THIS April board in who knows how long! Need to stop by now and then cause I see I'm not alone in what I'm dealing with. Successes: Joined a gym with Hubby in Jan. and have gone at ELAST 4X/wk every since. Dropped 1% body fat and gained 3 pounds at my 6wk re-ck. Guess I'm buildign muscle but still do not like seeign that scale go UP!!! Challenges: 1) Gained 15 pounds in the last 9mos. after 2 plastic surgeries and restirctions with workouts.....I know I eat bigger amounts more often now too and am TRYING to stop that. 2) Realtionships: this has been ROUGH on my marriage, have a great man though and have gone from being miserable in some ways and ready to walk away to being happy and STAYING put!! It's still WORK though and some days are better than others. To those struggling with the pounds creeping back in....we CAN regain control, we still have a tool that will help us if we remember to make the RIGHT choices. It's just that old habits die hard. And those struggling with relationships....do what's best for YOUR soul/spirit......that means doing some real inner searching sometimes as in my case. I didn't have an abusive situation so it wasn't so easy to make the choice. Getting to the place I was in though, ready to WALK out and feeling GOOD about it was scary!!! Everything changed when he realized just where my head was. It was a GOOD change. I'm working on ME too....I've found I'm more complicated than I thought! LOL Good luck on the continued journey everyone!!! I've been hanging out on my state board only.....but popping in here, I do see some familiar old faces!!! Hugs, Tami
Larakatya
on 3/6/07 12:59 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Roll Call - post your successes, your challenges, and a friendly message to the April clan
WOWIE WOW WOW! That's a HUGE HUGE success lady! You are totally worth the best in life, and congrats for choosing to do what you deem necessary for yourself and your family. I can relate to your challenge as I'm walking down that path right now too. Sending you love, ~Lara
Dedicated
on 3/5/07 10:16 am - Eleva, WI
My success: Left the emotionally/verbally abusive drunk I wasted 8 years of my life on last week thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Challenge: Taking anti-depressants again...seems to be helping, but that may be the 165 lb weight loss from last week!!!!!
Larakatya
on 3/5/07 2:52 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Roll Call - post your successes, your challenges, and a friendly message to the April clan
Hello! Name: Lara Successes: Managed to shed one more lb - 15 left to go before I breathe a sigh of relief. This bounce patrol officer is looking FORWARD to getting back on the maintain train. Challenges: My depression has encroched on me, and is here for a visit. This blows. Friendly Message: I miss my April ladies and want to hear how you're doing this Month. With love, ~Lara
Dedicated
on 2/24/07 9:06 pm - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Any vegetarians here
There is protein in darn near everything. She could switch from white noodles (the ones void of everything except carbs & calories!) to whole wheat. She can add cheese, peanut butter, beans of all kinds. Yogurt, protein shakes, cottage cheese. There are lots of veggies too that have protein. Also, she may want to learn to like tofu! Just a few ideas!
lacmike
on 2/24/07 12:13 pm - York, PA
Topic: Any vegetarians here
Hi Everyone. I have a friend, no really I do who is probably not overweight enough for WLS and she came to me and asked for help to lose weight. From what I found out about her diet is that she really does not eat enough protein and that she is a carb addict in the form of pasta. Every meal is pasta, and no meat. She will not eat anything with a face. I gave her a recipe for cabbage lasagne that substituted cabbage leaves for pasta and she liked this idea. But if there are any vegetarians here can you offer some advice for her to get more protien. I told her to limit her carb intake to 45-60 a day, watch her fat and look for foods high in protein but since she does not eat any meat...what can a gal do. I would appreciate any help. Lori 258/145
Just Janice
on 2/23/07 12:14 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Kickin' booty. . .
LOOK AT YOU! You GO girl! I don't pop in here much, but when I do, I always see your smiling face here! I am up about 10 from my lowest, and it is SUCKING ASS! I have upped my protein, lowered the carbs, upped the exercise, had an abdominoplasty (and a revision to it), sacrificed chickens, waved the magic feathers over my head while circling the mailbox three times chanting "booty be gone"....nothing is working. I think my body enjoys being here at 140-145. I think I am going to have to have a serious talk with my body SOON. I am proud of ya, Chicka for you successes!!! Peace, love, and splenda smooches to you and yours!
Larakatya
on 2/22/07 1:19 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Donna, I am so sorry to hear that your leg surgery gave you such problems! When my mom had a panniculectomy she ended up with a seroma under her incision that had over a QUART of blood in it. Feel free to moan and groan at me anytime - that's what the support boards are for right? Thank you very much for the affirmations! Wishing you well, ~Lara
lacmike
on 2/21/07 9:33 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Reframing
Lara and everyone Honey it is great to see you and that you are getting back to where you want to be, you have such a great outlook. My lowest weight was about 136-138 and I am maintaining 145. The friends still think I am anorexic and if I could kick this addiction to apple cinnamin rice cakes, I think I could lose the 10 lbs I want. As long as I do not go over 150, I am fine and not too depressed. Went to the high school reunion, #20 in November. Some of my best friends did not recognize me, I kept looking at one of my classmates and asking him if I was HOT. Of course he said, yes. I got so many compliments, and the best one was more of a dirty look that represented ""How dare you look this good." Everyone was more shocked that no longer have my short curly hair but long flowing locks. I had so many people tell me how great I looked. It was refreshing. Love to you all, Keep on lurking. Lori 258 and maintaining 145.
Donna Paige
on 2/21/07 7:02 am - Pottstown, PA
Sounds like you are doing all the right things and I wish you well. I am up 15 lbs from my lowest. So many complications with this weightloss have really gotten me down lately and all I want to do is eat. I'm having iron infusions every 6 months and now my plastic surgery that was performed in April left me with Lymphedema and a golf ball sized seroma. The seroma decided to have a raging infection for the past weeks and swelled up to the size of a grape fruit. Now I'm looking at more surgery. Nearly one year later it happened. What the heck is that? LOL Donna luck I guess. I just wanted normal looking legs and now my legs are probably gonna be disfigured. Anyway sorry to moan and groan but I had no idea it would be so difficult. Donna Paige
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views