Recent Posts

Dawn C.
on 4/17/05 11:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: Literally made a milestone
Lara, That is fabulous! You should be so proud of yourself! You are truly an inspiration. I know you will run the 3 miles with ease. Soon you will be running marathons. YOU CAN DO IT! Dawn
Dawn C.
on 4/17/05 11:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: 1 year
Dianne, Congratulations! You have done great! As for the gas, yes I have it alot! I tend to eat a bit more fiber than I should, but as another poster said - Gas-ex to the rescue! It works wonders! I usually just have to take one and I am better. Here's to many more years of great health!!! Dawn
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 10:35 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Anybody have fat days?
I get the same thing. There are some days where all I see is the deflated skin and I convince myself that I'm still supermorbidly obese. There are some days that I honestly believe that I'm exactly the same as I was before. . . . I've kept the clothing that proves to me that there is no way that could be true. Thankfully those days are getting fewer and farther between. Every now and then, I will say that I do feel thin too. Some days I'm able to see the progress in completely different ways. On these days I see my narrow little waist, my tiny little thighs, my long slender neck, my very nearly non-existent boobage (they all can't be perfect right?), and my muscular calves. These days are getting more frequent and closer together. One of the weirdest things is if I look down at my legs they look fat, but when I see a photo or mirror they look slender and healthy. Keep going to therapy, keep talking about it here and know that you're definately NOT ALONE, ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 4/17/05 10:28 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: Literally made a milestone
Lara, congrats on such a HUGE milestone!! My hat is off to you...if you see me running, call the police, because I am being chased....LOL Keep us posted on your progess...I can't wait to hear about how well you do during your race... RAE
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 9:36 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Literally made a milestone
Hi there WLS family, Today I went for a run with my buddy and we did something that I've never done in my life before. I'm in training for a 5k, which is a 3 mile run. I've "run" one before - at 400lbs. . .but really it was a walk/jog. I was very proud of how hard I had worked that time to train for it then, but needless to say training is going much better this time. Today my training buddy and I went on our run and we were able to run comfortably for 2 full miles! We were able to keep a conversation the entire time, and it felt incredible to be out there in the sunshine and able to work my body like that. I have never run that long continuously before in my entire life. At the end of 2 miles we sprinted for the last 30 feet and crossed the "finish line" (the pine tree where we started) with our arms in the air like we had just completed a marathon - which honestly. . .it felt like I did! Its days like today that make it all worth it. I wouldn't trade places with my pre-op life for a million dollars. It's worth the challenges, its worth the sacrifices, its worth everything. And its only going to keep getting better. I've got 2 more weeks to get an additional mile added into the run before the big event. I think I can do it. I'm wishing all the best, ~Lara
lacmike
on 4/17/05 5:07 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: I am not obese anymore!
Isn't that the greatest feeling ever! I know how excited I was when I reached that point. Congrats.... Lori 258/149/148/140
Sue B
on 4/17/05 1:44 am - WI
Topic: RE: Anybody have fat days?
Even Skinny Girls have FAT days Doesn't it just suck that we have worked so hard & gotten so far in our weight loss journey ~ then to have the mental beast bash our dreams?? I have my hubby take a picture of me every month right around the anniversary of my WLS so that when I am having those days I can take out my little photo book & look back to where I came from ... it helps to bring me back to reality and realize how much worse my "Fat Day" could be if I hadn't lost 140#. CHIN UP ~ You have done AWESOME Sue 318/172/170
Sue B
on 4/17/05 1:40 am - WI
Topic: RE: I am not obese anymore!
CONGRATS!!! You made me want to go & check mine ~ I am now only Overweight too!!!! Thanks for making my day Keep up the good work Sue 318/172/170
Sue B
on 4/17/05 1:39 am - WI
Congrats on surviving the 1st year ! I can't believe in another week I will be PO for a year - how fast the time flies ~ you have had so many changes & I am glad to hear you are adjusting to your "new home" so well! Here is to another WONDERFUL year ... keep up the good work! Sue 318/172/170
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 12:28 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Dianne, What a year Huh? You've had so many changes this year, job, body, location, etc! Gas-x helps with the gas and bloating. I have to maintain my water, activity and curb the snack monster to keep my loss. However I'm in the part of my journey where my weight is doing the monthly up/down. (If you go to the loss planner it suggests that in your final losing months you'll alternate a month of gain with a month of loss. . .that's where I am too although I have been able so far to relose within the same month what I've regained. I'm currently at 188 - lowest I've seen so far is 186. You're an amazing lady Dianne - you have a GREAT attitude and you just keep plugging away. Big hugs and continued support. ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views