Recent Posts

Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:30 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Question for some people
Hi Laura, I was thinking of how to answer this post, and then I read Sue's post and she put it right on. I'm hanging around 149-153 right now. So at 5'4" I'm still considered overweight. My surgeons goal for me was 155 so I'm under that...and my goal is 145 because it puts me in a 'normal' weight category for my height. So because my surgeon's and my own expepctation were pretty low (for lack of a better word). I'm right on target. But if I went by weight charts and society...I'm still a good 20lbs from a 'good' weight for me. I feel really comfortable where I am. I still trying to lose to get down to the 145...but its not a must. I feel I can maintain this weight pretty easy and I have my health back...so life is good just as it is. I'm having fun now trying to see how much more I can lose. Keep jumping Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:23 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: So I'm calming down
Wow, I read this and I am in awe. I have not had your self disipline thus far. I even cried about it at my last support group meeting. I crave it so much. And just craving it gives me the guilty feelings I used to have after binge eating. My Psychologist put it in perspective though. She reminded me that sugars and chocolate had an effect on our endorphins unlike most of the foods in my diet...so I'm not 'bad' for wanting it. That was a big break through for me. Good on ya for getting this far! Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:17 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Literally made a milestone
Hi sweetie! I can totally relate to this post! Actually did the sprint to the finish on my last training run. I was all alone, but I could hear the roar of the crowd in my head! ha!!! I think when I talk to people about my running they think I'm boasting, but honestly...I'm in total shock...couldn't have done it this time last year! Loving it, Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:14 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: 1 year
Hi Dianne! As far as gas, just about everyone I know that has this surgery has gas problems. My surgeon's support group says beano is ok for us. As far as losing...everyone says back to basics with protien and lots and lots of water. I've been inching along my self. Up, down, up, down. But its all good. I'm healthier than I could have ever dreamed. As you reach for your goal with one hand...don't forget to pat yourself on the back with the other! You have done a tremendous job this year! Take care, Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:10 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Century Club
Good for you! I want to join...still 10lbs away...but I'm not complaining Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:09 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: I am not obese anymore!
Hooray for you! Quite a success! Rachel
Josie C.
on 4/19/05 2:53 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: RE: Question for some people
Laura, you have done fantastic so far just keep working at it...it will happen. I happen to have to go even farther...another 120+ still to go and I haven't made the Century Club (-99 and holding). I just have to remind myself that it took me 20+ years to get to my highest so if it takes me longer than a year to get it off...I'll live...albeit impatiently, but I'll live.
Dedicated
on 4/19/05 2:46 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Tuesday food journal
I'm hungry today! B - Protein shake, 1 cup coffee w/SF creamer S - 3/4 C trail mix L - ? S - ? D - ? Didn't do any planning today. ug! WAAAAYYYY behind on my water.
Josie C.
on 4/19/05 1:59 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: RE: Tuesday food journal
Still doing the Jenny Craig thing so today it is: B-Carb Control Smoothie (Berries 'n Creme) S-JC Banana Muffin L-Chicken and noodles D-I think it is Fajitas Total it is barely 1200 calories, but I can rarely eat an entire item...like with the fajitas...I'll just toss the tortillas. Behind on my water already...ran out which means I have to go to the Shoppette next door to get more...of course we have 20-40mi winds today and I don't want to go outside.
Dawn C.
on 4/19/05 1:53 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: Tuesday food journal
come on ladies! Fess up. What is Beth going to think when she comes back and sees we have all fallen off the wagon with accountability! I'll start- 20 oz crystal light B- 1 c. optimum power slim cereal, 3/4c. skim milk 1 c. decaf coffee Planned - L- 1/3 c. chicken salad, 1 mini wheat pita, cucumbers S- apple, 2 T. natural peanut butter I have had meetings all morning so no water or snack. It's almost lunch time and I am starving. I have been getting actual hunger laterly. This is a rare thing for me but seems to be happening more frequently. Anyone else? Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views