Recent Posts

LesaPurdy
on 4/19/05 7:45 pm - panama city bch, fl
Topic: RE: 1 Year Today
You have done Wonderful Darlene!! Good Job!
LesaPurdy
on 4/19/05 7:43 pm - panama city bch, fl
Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 4/20's
Happy happy birthday.. I am very glad you came ,so you could read this message... I typed ......for all the world to see.. I am glad you got this far,........ as well as I can see, We have all done so marvelously.. and well do great the years to come... SOOOOooooOOoooo Happy Happy Birthday.. It's really been Such fun.... I am glad I know I have you guys, you are all my heeeerrrrrRRRrrrOOOOooo"s.. LOL Lisa Purdy 4/20/04 215/122
Larakatya
on 4/19/05 11:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: ...back
Welcome home sweetiepie! We missed you! I've had a rough week. I just got unstuck after 13 hours of being miserable and yesterday I ate sugar for the first time. I'm sleeping in tomorrow and canceling work/school type activities. Sorry it was miserable. We still love ya! Hugs, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 4/19/05 11:52 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: 2 years Post Op 4/21/05
Hey Glen, CONGRATS on su*****redible results!!!! Can you talk about the pain/experience of a LBLift? I have my plastics consult on the 5th. . .and I'm getting a bit nerveous. I've lost 212lbs. ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/05 11:47 am - South of Boston, MA
Topic: ...back
We're back home, slightly earlier than expected, but glad to be home. The five of us + three inlaws + one RV camper = disaster, always. I am worn out and in a terrible mood. It didn't help that I didn't want to go in the first place. The kids had a better time than I, so it wasn't a complete wash. (I'm a sour sport, I loathe rides, crowds, wasting money and incompetent service people ..and who knew ya can't get a decent cup of ICED COFFEE in Disneyfrigginworld?!) I basically maintained myself on protein bars, eating several a day most days, and found myself searching for fresh fruit on the days we were in the parks, but I never really found anything decent in any of the parks. What rubbish they serve! The only place I found a decent choice was in Animal Kingdom - they had a fruit cart - and I found a fruit cup. Everywhere else it's popcorn, ice cream, churros, McD's fries, CRAP.... even harder was finding a drin****pt bringing the Crystal Light in with me and buying water when I ran out of my own ... but what I would have given for a fresh ICE cold iced tea or coffee! Anyway - I think I lost a coupla pounds, but I won't know till tommorrow. I can't recall what I weighed when we left... I got a letter from my doctors' office waiting for me here, my labwork was not great, so I have to start taking iron & Vitamin D supplements... Ok gang. Back on the dead horse tommorrow! Missed you all! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
comairskycub
on 4/19/05 11:21 am - Lexington, KY
Topic: 2 years Post Op 4/21/05
Just wanted to post that Ill be 2 yrs post op on Thursday !!! What an awesome journey !!!! Im so thankful to everyone that has helped me along... and of course this website that has given me all the information that I needed to be successful...... To all my fellow WLS 4/21 anniversaries..... HAPPY NEW LIFE to you !!!! HUGZ to ALL !!!!! Glenn Blind From 492 lbs to 174 lbs Dr Randall Bolar, Lexington KY Dr Jennifer Butterfield - Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon Cincinnati,OH
Dee M.
on 4/19/05 9:21 am - OCALA, FL
Topic: YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!
I AM 1 YEAR 11 DAYS OUT AND I FEEL GREAT. THANKS TO GOD AND DR. JAWAD
Darlene41950
on 4/19/05 7:44 am - Orange, TX
Topic: 1 Year Today
I am down 156 pounds, today. I feel and look great. I've come along way with all your support. Yes it has been hard. Yes I would do it again. Yes I have followed all the rules, even the ones I didn't like. Yes I eat a special way(diet), protein, vitamins and calcium daily. Yes I excercise daily. I haven't had a soft drink, sugar or any bad carbs like bread and rice since I went in for surgery. This was a revision for me from a lap band in 1986. My Doctor warned that the weightloss isn't as good after a previous procedure. I have surpassed his hopes for me. I would like to lose 40 more pounds over the next year. I am losing slowly now. About 8 pounds a month, but I will take every little pound I can. If anyone out there is trying to decide I hope my post helps you make your decision. It has changed my life. I am off all meds and living my life, now. A Special Thanks to Dr. Stan Hahn. Thanks for all your support. Darlene RNY 4/19/04 Down 156 pounds
Staci J.
on 4/19/05 4:33 am - Clifton Park, NY
Topic: RE: Question for some people
Hey up there Jo Ann ... as another "shortie" (5'0" even), I'be been wondering about goal weights, too. I started at 267, which was a tight 22/24 for me. At about 170, I'm a 10/12 (12s for the "girls" who went south but didn't leave altogether). Originally, I thought I might want to be a size 10 as my goal, but now that I'm there, I've gotten greedy, and want about a 5/7. At first, I thought that would be about 140 lbs., but now, I'm thinking that may be more like 155-160 pounds for me. So, that would mean that at 135-145, I'd probably be in a 2/4?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! I can't even FATHOM that ... even sounds too too tiny! LOL How did you choose your goal weight? My doctor won't give me one (for whatever reason), and I don't know what to set the goal at, because I've never been this small as an adult. BUT ... do you REALLY think we need to be as small as 125? (ESPECIALLY as "sistas"?). I'm thinking that that would be WAAAYYYY to small for me. I know it's a personal decision based on age/genetics/etc., but how should we vertically challenged (and "ethnic") people like Jo Ann and I should set goal weights, as compared to say, someone who is 5'7"? Just curious. Staci LapBand 267/171/135-145???
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views