Recent Posts

aimeexx
on 4/20/05 5:42 am - Beaumont, CA
Topic: RE: 2 years Post Op 4/21/05
Wow! You are doing great- thanks for the support! Aimee
Rae Smiles
on 4/20/05 3:55 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: Question for some people
This question and others in the responses have been on my mind lately as well... I am 5'7 and VERY heavily boned....regular bracelets don't fit, etc....even when I am thin....also, as my husband calls it, I have T&A...no matter how thin.... At this point, I am at 177, a solid size 10...now, I remember about 12 yrs ago when I was a REAL size 10...I was MUCH thinner than I am now....I have come to the conclusion that the sizes are bigger than they were just 10-12 years ago.... My personal goal is between 150-160...I look good there....actually thin, but can only imagine what size I will be wearing at that weight.... My weight loss has slowed to a trickle also...Everyone said the closer to goal the harder it is...truth in advertising there... Anyway, I find myself confused about sizing and weight....what used to be is no more....on my way up, at 177, I was in a 12 or 14.... oh well, I will wear my 10's and enjoy it!! cheers to all, RAE
Larakatya
on 4/20/05 1:41 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 4/20's
CONGRATS Lisa! (you total hottie!!!) Hugs for you, here's to next year, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 4/20/05 1:38 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: One year out.....
Sure! I played with it in Visio and in MS Paint. Hugs sweetie, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 4/20/05 1:37 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: I am not obese anymore!
What an exciting milestone! CONGRATULATIONS on being overweight!!!! ~Lara
Tina MR
on 4/20/05 1:37 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
Well, someone was reading my mind!!!! I am stuck too and have "only" lost 96 pounds! I do get discouraged sometimes because I haven't hit that century mark. My doc didn't give me an official goal weight but said that I would probably be really comfortable at 150. My personal goal is 136 and that would put me in the normal range. At 176 I am still "overweight" but not obese any longer. I feel really really good but would like to lose at least to 145 or 150. I am wearing 10's and can squeeze into an 8 but not publicly. What will I wear at 145-150 a 6 or 4? That's too hard to believe. I remember being 17 years old and wearing a 13 junior and feeling fat then! I look at pictures back then and I looked pretty good! Anyway, I hope that it keeps coming off even if it is slow. I am in better shape than I have been in probably 30 years so that is a definate advantage. Good luck to all Tina M R 272/176/136 (maybe)
Larakatya
on 4/20/05 1:36 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: 1 Year Today
Congratulations on an incredible year of losing Darlene! Sounds like you're running a tight ship, and are fiercely committed to having excellent long term results. 8lbs a month this far out is AWESOME! You've got just 5 more months at that rate - you can totally make it. Good for you, and good for us all, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/05 12:13 am - South of Boston, MA
Laura- It's all a numbers game at this stage - I think. If I look at the "medical" suggested weights for my height, I should fall within 115-151 lbs. That's a huge range - 40 lbs to play with?! I'm at 142 today, wearing size 8-10 bottoms (would be smaller actually if my belly skin wasn't so obvious) and 6-8 tops (have no breasts left at all) If I got down to 115, I'd be skin and bones. There's nothing left to me beyond the excess wrinkly skin/fat in my belly, upper thighs & upper arms. At 151 I felt "frumpy" (my choice of words, it's not what other people thought though, it's in my head ..) At 142, I feel slightly better and much more normal, actually think I could remain this exact weight if I could remove the excess skin. I don't know how much weight the skin/fat adds, but it may be all that I've got left to "lose"... I'm not as worried about it anymore... like I was. As for losing - we may all potentially keep losing until our bodies choose to stop... you may keep going for six months, or more! -Beth HW- 313 SW- 198 CW- 142 GW- 130
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/05 11:55 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: RE: new photo's added (bikini one too)
Lisa You look marvelous! How did your arms and thighs fare - they look pretty damn good! The new rack is pretty hot! I go for a plastics pre-consult next week, I am hellbent on getting fixed up. Even if I hafta pay in pennies, nickels and dimes! Beth HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130
tonishappy
on 4/19/05 10:10 pm - Greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 4/20's
Happy Birthday to you too, Lisa!!! It has been such a great Journey!!! I am so excited about my new life!. I put on my pre-surgery pants yesterday to get ready for my one year out photo and cried. I can not only fit in one leg, but it too is too big. I will be posting the photo to my website tonight. It is amazing. It really hit home how much 132 pounds really is. WOW. Congrats on your progress, you have done absolutely wonderful!!! Toni Bowen Open DS - 20 April 2004 285/153/125
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views