Recent Posts

lacmike
on 4/23/05 12:30 pm - York, PA
Topic: RE: 1 year down
Courtney, Congrats on your weight loss, you look wonderful. I had my surgery the same day as you. I think that you are doing great and there is no problem with you still loosing 7 lbs per month, 1-2 lbs per week is a good weightloss rate. Any time weight comes off it is a good thing. I think doctors are just telling you the norm or about the average person. My doctor told me six months ago my weight loss would slow down, but I am down at least 60 lbs from that point. I am still loosing about a pound a week and am quite content. Keep doing what you are and you will succeed. My co worker who has WLS has lost over 200 lbs in two years was told by our surgeon that he is amazed she is still loosing. If you keep loosing then you are doing fine. Good Luck. Lori Starting weight: 258 Goal weight: 148 Current weight: 147 Ultimate goal weight: 140
Courtney B.
on 4/23/05 12:12 pm - Titusville, PA
Topic: RE: One year photos!
wow toni you look great.. keep up the good work.. courtney bromley 4-21-04 -134 lbs
Courtney B.
on 4/23/05 12:07 pm - Titusville, PA
Topic: 1 year down
Hi my name is courtney bromley I had my surgery 1 year ago on 4-21-04. -134 lbs I saw my doctor a month ago and he said everything looked good. He said my weight lose would start to slow down now. I don't go back for 6 months. yipee. he said to lose 20 lbs in 6 months we would talk again. Well I just figured it out and I have lost 7 lbs in the last month alone. opps is this a good thing? I hope so. see ya all later
Josie C.
on 4/22/05 10:53 am - High Desert, CA
Rae Smiles
on 4/22/05 7:56 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: YUM YUM!!
Hi...glad to hear that you are doing well and back on track. I have my app't in May. I am down 111 lbs and am doing the best I can do...as you are. Let me know how your app't goes...like how he is for followup...he was/is so great, I can't imagine having a problem. Best wishes to you...feel free to contact me privately. RAE
julie M.
on 4/22/05 6:34 am - Mentone, CA
Topic: RE: Is anybody hungry?
Thanks for your support, it helps! Julie
Rachelq
on 4/22/05 5:19 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Julie, I'm right there with you (only I knew hunger would return). But honestly...though I'm hungry...I get satiated pretty easy. So I just eat 6 smalls meals a day...I don't drink protien shakes because they don't keep me full long enough. I'm hoping that is going to work for the long term. We can do this! Keep me posted on your progress. Take care, Rachel
Sue B
on 4/22/05 4:26 am - WI
HIJACK.... WOOHOO See it works for me when I need a boost & I am glad to see that it wors for you too! Sue 318/167/passed my goal
Ayleneb
on 4/22/05 3:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: How Are You Celebrating Your 1 Year Post-op?
Well, apparentally I am celebrating my one year post-op by having baby#3!!! Yes, that's right I am pregnant. Nope, it wasn't planned. In fact I started birth control pills in January but due to malabsorption they didn't work for me. Right now I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and expecting in December. Now I'm really watching what I eat and tracking the protein, vitamins, etc... Thankfully, since my weight has been stable for several months at my one year check up my doctor said that I should be fine for pregnancy. Ironically, I've lost a couple pounds in the last week or two and my top half has shrunk a bit. Oh well, I'm sure that will be changing soon! LOL Aylene 278.8/169/150ish - long, long from now! LOL
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/05 2:40 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Topic: RE: YUM YUM!!
hey rebecca, hope you have your annual visit scheduled...i'm on the 29th....can't belive it's been a year - so much has changed....i'm down 85 pounds and loving every minute of it.... not sure dr. k will be happy - he wanted me down much more by now but i had other issues (he wasn't aware of) that kept me from loosing...anyway, got those resolved now and i'm loosing again - slowly of course (wasted 5 months) but what the heck. hope you are doing good and wish you the best. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views