Recent Posts

Josie C.
on 4/25/05 1:36 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: RE: Monday - Food Journal - Updates
We've missed you...glad you are back! ------------------------ Well, I've started back on Jenny Craig and have been avoiding the scale I don't want to get on until tomorrow at the earliest, but my official weigh in is on Saturday...keep you fingers crossed I finally broke the -99lbs. Pre-B = Power Crunch B = JC Sunrise Sandwich...only half of muffin L = JC Swedish Meatballs S = 4oz Carb Control Yogurt D = JC Island Chicken...sounds gross let's hope it isn't too sweet Working on my water already...down 16 oz...in another 15 mins I can start my second bottle.
Rachelq
on 4/25/05 1:13 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: One year re-birthday this past weekend!
Hi! and Congrats. Sorry about the headache...glad you are feeling better. At first I read your post and thought...well how fun it that...cleaning to celebrate??? and then I had the ah ha moment..couldn't have done it last year! Now that is something to celebrate! Congrats again, Rachel
jennann
on 4/25/05 12:49 am - Bonifay, FL
Topic: RE: One year re-birthday this past weekend!
Happy Re-Birthday to you!!!! I had a bad headache from saturday at 3:45 in morning till lastnight it finally went away... Jennifer
Dedicated
on 4/24/05 11:54 pm - Eleva, WI
Topic: One year re-birthday this past weekend!
And I spent it sleeping with a smashing headache! Twas miserable, but made up for it sunday! We installed clothesline poles, moved some large decorative rocks in the yard, mowed, spread lawn fertilizer, waxed a couple cars, took the dog for a few walks, did some laundry, did a little shopping!!! Last year I would have maybe did the laundry! Life is good. I didn't make it to my goal by a year as far as pounds are concerned, but I have exceeded my expectations otherwise!!!
Sue B
on 4/24/05 11:14 pm - WI
Topic: RE: Monday - Food Journal - Updates
I never do these & thought maybe I should start B - 1 piece cinnamon raisin toast S - 2 slices of cheese L - 1c. cream of chicken soup (with protein boost) S - handful of goldfish crackers D - ??? don't know yet. I am still losing - with my year coming up on Wed I am happy to report I am down 151# as of this morning I hope to lose 1 more just to make it official! I am healing well after my reconstructives & hope to see more swelling go down this week. I go back to work today after 3 weeks of being home. Good Luck today ladies! Sue 318/167/passed my goal
Ayleneb
on 4/24/05 10:40 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: Question for some people
Laura, You've gotten alot of good responses so I'm just going to chime in with everyone else. First of all, though my doc didn't set a goal weight for me I set my own of about 150-155lbs. I figured that would put me in a comfortable size 8 and would be a good healthy weight for a somewhat larger framed woman 5'6". I was fortunate that for the first 9 months or so the weight just fell off of me, no matter what I ate. Not to say that I ate total crap but I wasn't as observant of getting huge amounts of protein as some and didn't drink enough water, nor did I do really regular exercise - just became more active than I used to be in general. Clear as mud, right? LOL From surgery to the beginning of December I lost from 279 to 175-ish...from a size 22/24 to a comfy size 12. That's been alot to wrap my mind around - I would still feel fat but can fit into spaces that seem waaaay too small for me. In pictures I think that I look "normal" not really fat or thin. By the charts I'm still considered overweight. Would I like to get down to 150? Yep - but I have to say that I'm really grateful for having more energy, wearing normal clothes (size M or L off the rack depending on the cut), being able to ride amusement park rides, take a plane flight, and get to that seat around the back of the table. Ironically, I've just become pregnant (I'm six weeks along) and since I'm more concerned about my baby than I would ever be about myself I've been tracking my food intake really carefully and have upped my protein and lowered my junky carbs. Since I know that I just don't eat as much as I used to I'm making pretty much every bite count. (Why couldn't I do this for myself? Why the self-control now? Maybe time to start seeing that therapist again, huh?) Would you believe that I've lost almost 5 lbs in the last two weeks? I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm even eating an average of 1800 cals per day (and able to get down more at one time than before) but my body is still chosing to lose. Instead of 45-50 g of protein per day now I'm eating 90+, big difference!!I guess that just goes to show me! Of course, I plan to talk to my OB - once the darn referral comes in - about checking my blood work and keeping a close eye on the baby. What I hear is that the little parasites tend to get what they need and it's my body that stands to lose out if I don't eat right. I expect that soon the scales will start going the other way but it's just funny that I can still lose weight - just start really eating the way that I'm supposed to. :/ You are doing great. Be a little easier on yourself. But if you really want to lose more weight you might want to take a really close look at what you are eating, how you are exercising and see if you can't crank up the protein and get a little more exercise and see if that jumpstarts anything? Take care! Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 278.8/165.5/150ish eventually mom to Simon 10/98, Matthew 5/02 and baby#3 due 12/18/05
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/05 10:08 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: Monday - Food Journal - Updates
Hi gang What's on the menu today? Who's still losing? What are you eating lately? ______________________________________________________________ Today- Breakfast- 1/2C Cheerios Taste Carb Countdown Skim Coffee/half & half/= Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:56 pm - pensacola, FL
Topic: RE: So I'm calming down
Hi Lara, I know what you mean. I'm also mad with myself tonight. But, Not like you... I ate the whole thing. A candybar. I don't dump. I wish i do. But, I don't. I have to have better control of my life. I do feel depressed that i let food control me. Well, I am just going to have to do better and not pick up the candy and eat it. I have been doing so good and look at me now !! I know how you feel. You did good. You regain your self control and throw the muffin away before you lost complete control. GOOD FOR YOU!! Debra
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:46 pm - pensacola, FL
Topic: RE: need advice
Hi Brenda, You look so wonderful. You don't even look like yourself anymore. You look like a diffrent person. you are doing great. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I have times i don't lose a pound for a few mo too. Are you losing inches? When i don't lose pounds i lose inches. Just keep getting in your water. You weight loss should pick back up pretty soon. Take care, Deb
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:41 pm - pensacola, FL
Topic: RE: One year photos!
Hi Toni, You look great. You have done so well !!! Take care, Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views