Recent Posts

Donna R
on 4/27/05 4:10 am - Paducah, KY
Topic: I AM NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly believe it, I started out as MO and now I am normal!! my starting weight was 277 and now just a week past my one year anniversary I am 162..That is 115 pounds lost!!! I am not sure what size pants I can wear yet, I had a ventral hernia repaired on the 5th of this month and still have some swelling, although I did try on a pair of my 17 year olds sons size 32 jeans the day after surgery and they FIT!!! (I started in a womans 26) A lot of family will be here next month for my sons high school graduation, they are in for a suprise! the saw me last at Thanksgiving when I was about 190 Have a wonderful day. Donna 277/162/150
Josie C.
on 4/27/05 3:35 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: RE: Pre-op photo online... yikes!
OMG! Who are those people? Are you sure they are you? I can't wait until I have my moment like that...right now I am at a weight I have been before so I still see the same old me...can't wait until I get to a new me. Thanks for the peek into the future!
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/05 11:43 pm - South of Boston, MA
TYVM! It is scary... It is amazing how you/yourself do not see how absolutely huge you (meaning me) are until you're staring back at it after you've changed! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Dawn C.
on 4/26/05 11:41 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: 1 year rebirthday!
My re-birthday is on Friday and I will be out of town so I am updating today. I have to say that April 29, 2004 was the first day of the best part of my life. I would never have guessed all the changes, excluding the weight, that could happen after surgery. I am so much more energetic and happy. I never would have thought that I would actually enjoy exercising. NEVER! Well I do. And I love not being winded when I go up and down the stairs or run around the yard with the kids. I didn't hit the -100 mark but I have "gained" so much more. I will keep working at it as I want to lose another 25-30 lbs. but I know I can do it! I can squeeze into some 14 pants from a size 26 a year ago. Who would have thunk! This has truly been a wild ride, sometimes hard, but worth it all! And I want to thank everyone here for their support and encouragement. It really means alot! Too many more years of health and happiness! Dawn 287/191/265
Neen L.
on 4/26/05 11:34 pm - Arlington, VA
Topic: RE: How Are You Celebrating Your 1 Year Post-op?
Mine is tomorrow! I'm home from school in between semesters for a week so I've been visiting the family here in Pittsburgh. Tomorrow just happens to be the day my boyfriend is flying up from Virginia to see Pittsburgh for the first time Yay! I'm pretty sure I'm going out to do some serious karaoke to celebrate--and wearing my new size 12 capris!!! Love Neen 276/174/150
Dawn C.
on 4/26/05 11:28 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Wwwwooooooowwwwww! You are two new people! There is no way anyone who hasn't seen you since pre-op would ever recognize you. You can be incognito! You both look great! I don't even know what else to say it is so shocking! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/05 11:23 pm - South of Boston, MA
Scary, eh? I didn't think twice about it before - and it's been put away - my own jaw just dropped. Not so much about me - I still see me that way ... but DH. WOW. Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/05 11:21 pm - South of Boston, MA
Thanks, Sue! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Just Janice
on 4/26/05 11:00 pm - Houston, TX
DAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe that is where you both started? Never would I have been able to pick y'all out of a lineup!!! Congrats on both of your successessessesssess (successi? ) Janice 346/310/158/145-150ish
Sue B
on 4/26/05 10:35 pm - WI
OMG !!!!! No way! WOW - I never would have recognized you (or him)!! GREAT job - I like finding those "Fatty" pictures now because I know I am not that anymore & there is no way in HELL I am going back! Congrats on a good find Sue 318/167/passed goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views