Recent Posts

DianneW
on 4/30/07 6:22 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: 3 Years and Counting!
I'm glad you are doing well. I'm doing good too. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 4/28/07 5:17 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: 3 Years and Counting!
I received an email from Obesity Help, and it prompted me to come back and see how everyone is doing. It has been THREE years since my first surgery, and I'm still here! I thank God every day for another day. Each one is a bonus. I am well. I have color in my face and my lips again. What a blessing! I had my yearly CAT scan last week along with blood work etc. My very kind doctor called the following day to tell me that everything checked out fine. Whew! What a relief! I had been feeling pretty tense about this upcoming anniversary...especially since I knew I would need to once again have a CAT scan to make sure that the stomach cancer had not returned. Now I can relax and get back to "normal" living. There are alot of adjustments to make after surgery, and even three years later, I still am aware of some of them. I realize that my surgery was pretty extreme due to having to have all of my stomach removed during my second surgery, but it is amazing how much the body can adapt. I am so grateful. My "TWO-YEAR anniversary" for my second surgery will be August 12th. It is pretty wonderful to now be measuring the time in years instead of months. I am also grateful to this OH website. I haven't been posting for several months because I am no longer "new" to the process. However, this is an extremely valuable website. I still have it listed in my favorites, and I always know that I can come back here for encouragement/information/sharing. God bless each of you on your journey. Peg
DianneW
on 4/26/07 4:42 am - Louisville, KY
DianneW
on 4/26/07 4:41 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: WOW 3 Years POST OP!!!!
I had my 3 years on 4/15/07. I thought about it briefly but then forgot. It's amazing. I would still like to have my skin removed, but don't think I will ever have the money, time or courage to risk the surgery. Oh well, if I ever get a guy he will have to accept it. Dianne
Middlesgirl
on 4/25/07 8:36 am - Lansing, MI
Topic: RE: diet after 2 years
I, too, haven't been on in a while. I am three years out and still struggling to find things that I don't throw back up. It certainly has lessened, but still, one day I can eat something and the next it makes me sick. I drink Boost religiously as I have developed so many new health problems since my surgery. My absorption is so poor, I am on Iron Dextran for life. My heart valves are falling apart and I have developed fluid in the pericardium. Can't say for certain I wouldn't have had the majority of these even if I hadn't had the surgery but I guess I will never know. I fluctuate between 142-144 at 5'10". If I don't consume a considerable amount of calories in a day I lose way too quickly. I have to eat constantly, and twice as much if it comes back up. I would do it all over again even though I get terribly frustrated with the after effects. I see people who are the size I was and my heart goes out to them. I vividly remember those days and will never be there again. Best of luck to you all and know that we have made it this far. Each day is a mini journey through our struggles with food. We set ourselves up to fail when we demand perfection. Erin M.
Lauretta
on 4/23/07 2:57 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
My family and friends were shocked when I told them it was 3 yr already yet sometimes it seems so "normal" to be thin again. Congrats to all! Laurie
dvojensky
on 4/22/07 3:15 am - PLAINFIELD, IL
Where does time go!! I love hearing comments I didn't know that was you!!!! Congrats to you!
lacmike
on 4/21/07 10:48 pm - York, PA
Topic: RE: Gained 75 pounds back since 2004 bypass surgery
Linda, I find myself in the same shoes as you, well almost. I have gained back roughly 10-15 lbs from my lowest weigth but I can not kick the carbs....I have this strong attachment ot rice cakes of all things. But at times I find it is the only thing my stomache can handle..... Don't get me wrong, 148 lbs is still healthy for me, but I really need to exercise more and the weather here has been too crappy to walk and frankly I do not have any exercise DVD's I like.... I see my thighs are getting bigger and my pants getting smaller. I am scared, very scared. I am very happy in my life except one thing but I am working on that, I do not think my eating relates. I am just too tired and bored.......Loading up with protein is not helping to keep me from grazing on crackers and rice cakes. Lori 258/148
lacmike
on 4/21/07 10:43 pm - York, PA
I do not even think I remember being fat! I look at pictures of me and if I did not know me, I would not know I was the same person. The other night, some guy came up to me in a resturante/bar, kissed me on my forehead and told me I was f'n not. I never thought I would hear those words. Lori 258/148
Deana M.
on 4/20/07 12:44 pm - Farmington, MN
Topic: RE: Gained 75 pounds back since 2004 bypass surgery
me too...I am feeling SO guilty. I was 270 before surgery, got down to 140 and am now about 160. I SWORE I would NEVER let myself get past 150. But here I am. I haven't been back on this site since right after my surgery- but I am here because I know I need to get back on track and this is the place where others understand what i am going through. Linda, hang in there. If you want a "buddy" let me know. Deana
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views