Recent Posts

Rachelq
on 5/26/07 5:53 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Roll Call - post your successes, your challenges, and a friendly message to the April clan
Hey Lara! Long time no see...sorry to here about the depression...chiming in a bit late here... Successes: I'm still healthy. No comorbid return. Still working out. have a new job and the energy to do it! Challenges: playing with an extra 15-18lbs (depending on the day). Hate not being able to just lose it! But I've been stable at this weight for months. Friendly message: I miss everyone too and I keep you all in my positive thoughts! Rachel
Jodi G.
on 5/21/07 10:32 pm - Valdosta, GA
Topic: Weigh****chers anyone???
I need some help! I lost close to 100 pounds but still not near goal. Gained 20 back and now started going to Weigh****chers. Can some one please help me! I lost 3.8 lbs the first week and .8 the second and now on my third week .6. This does not help me much. I have stayed on track and even started walking. I am afraid with our special cir****tances with gastric bypass I need to so something different then the normal. Does any one out there go and what do you do???
pastalls1
on 5/6/07 1:15 am - Long, TX
Topic: RE: Anniversary , April 30th
Hi, Peg, I guess when you stop communicating or attending the meetings, you really get stuck, you don't have the encouragement that you need. Let me know what your doctor says. The third Monday of this month, i will be attending a meeting for the gastric bypass patients. I must get back on track. Good Luck to you, and thank you for responding.
pastalls1
on 5/6/07 1:06 am - Long, TX
Hi, Lori, I know what you mean. After three years its hard. I'm starting to eat the wrong foods. I'm going to attend a class at the hospital in my town on the 3rd Monday of the month. I just can't gain this weight back. I walk three miles a day for at least 4 days, but its not helping. Good Luck!!!!!
dvojensky
on 5/3/07 1:34 am - PLAINFIELD, IL
Topic: RE: WOW 3 Years POST OP!!!!
Hi Peg, I will be more than willing to share with you what I am eating. Just running out to work and I will do it for you when I get back.
Pegtrala
on 5/3/07 1:20 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: WOW 3 Years POST OP!!!!
Hi Donna. I am really happy for you. Congrats! Care to share what you are doing foodwise? Thanks. Peg
Pegtrala
on 5/3/07 1:18 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Pat. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on your terrific weight loss! It sounds like many of us are still struggling to keep the weight off. I have just recently put on close to 10 lbs., and it scares me silly! I am seeing my doctor this morning, and I hope he can help me figure out if there is something I can take/do for all this tension. We'll see. I would love to start communicating more often here on this forum to see if we all can support each other a bit. You take care, and good luck with the next 3 years. Peg
lacmike
on 5/1/07 7:27 am - York, PA
Join the club, I lost 120 lbs but in the last year about 15 came back. I guess 15 lbs regained in three years is not too bad as long as we are still in the healthy range, although I would really like to take it off..... I know I can if I can kick the rice cake habit.... Lately anything I eat gives me terrible gas.... I am going away for a few days and there is a health club in the hotel, I think I will be there while my friend is gambling. Tonight I am going for support and I am eating salad for dinner. I am really beginning to think two things, one I need a cleanse and two there is something to the Eat for your type diet, I am B+, I love chicken and eat it all the time but I can not lose an ounce, last summer I frequented the burger joint for lunch and mainted my weight at 138 all summer. Apparently B's should not eat chicken but eat plenty of beef.... Now that it is nicer, I am going to start walking again, maybe this will help.
pastalls1
on 4/30/07 11:19 pm - Long, TX
Topic: Anniversary , April 30th
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I've been on the chat. I was so surprise to hear from the obesity hot line. I lost a total of 119 lbs, but i have picked up 12 lbs and cannot get it off. I really want to loose 20 more pounds. Help me!!!!!
Pegtrala
on 4/30/07 1:33 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: 3 Years and Counting!
Thanks, Dianne. I'm glad to hear you are doing good too. I still want to lose about 30 more pounds, but I am so much happier weighing 80 lbs. less than I did. It does get a little scary to see how easy it is to put weight back on. I know it has been a real struggle for you to maintain your weight and not let it get too low. Good luck to you, and I hope to check in a little more often. Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views