Recent Posts

karaoke Nadine
on 9/16/07 5:59 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Topic: RE: Up 20lbs Since Lowest from 2004
I am still doing the same Mechelle. Thanks for posting your experience. I swear as each day goes by, I am hungrier and hurngier. My pouch does work but I snack a lot. Snacking is probably my biggest problem. I know my surgery didn't fail me but I fail IT. I am not working my tool. I also need to get my butt moving. I don't exercise at all. I think I'm still waiting for a miracle.
thin_tyme
on 9/16/07 4:27 am - WY
Hi Nadine It has been a long time since a lot of us have posted, me included. I have been struggling with a weight gain as well. 30lbs in the past year in a half and the last 10 just over summer. I have just in the last week gone back to basics. This is what I am doing and I don't know yet if it will help me. Breakfast - 2 ounces protein 2 ounces starch 1 ounce fruit Lunch- 2 ounces protein 2 ounces vegetable 1 ounce fruit Dinner- 2 ounces protein 2 ounces vegetable 1 ounce starch I don't know yet as I am afraid to get on the scale since last week, the scale for me right now is a source of stress. Just when I think I am doing well I get on the darn thing and I have gained. Plus now I have some drug interaction issues(cause weight gain) and I am nervous. So we shall see. How have you been doing since your last post? Mechelle
M M
on 9/1/07 11:30 am
Topic: RE: Sad News
((((((((((((((((((Lara))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
DianneW
on 8/15/07 2:04 am - Louisville, KY
Lara, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother in 1991. She had a sudden heart attack. She was thin, but a smoker with hypertension, she was only 54. It took me years to get over. I agree with Janice, surround yourself with people you love, and take care of yourself. I will send some loving thoughts and prayers your way. Dianne
Just Janice
on 8/13/07 2:29 am - Houston, TX
LARA!!! I wish I could offer something besides a big hug and condolences to you and yours. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this hard time. I lost my father to a sudden illness 6 years ago, and while it was a struggle to make sense of it all, I can tell you that it does get easier with time. As they say time heals all wounds, but then again, that really doesn't do jack **** for you now. Surround yourself with friends and family and accept every kind word, hug, and piece of advice (no matter how badly presented or worded..their heart is in the right place, and their mouth may have yet to find it...). Peace to you, Girlie, and let me send some loving support vibes your way... Janice
Larakatya
on 8/9/07 12:20 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Sad News
My mother has passed away. Francesca and I are back from her funeral. While the funeral was a wonderful celebration of her life, I'm finding myself quite sad. I've been feeling her love around me in a hundred different little ways. I'm fine until I'm not fine, then I'm really not fine until I'm fine again. My mother lost her battle with diabetes type 2 related to her super morbid obesity. She was 5'1" and 300 lbs at her death. She was in the hospital with a cellulitius and became septic. The death was quite sudden. Her heart simply stopped, and they were unable to get it restarted. I'm striving dilligently to maintain - it is a worthy struggle. It truly is life or death. I've been given an opportunity to save my own life, and I'm trying to seize this opportunity with both hands. Depression-wise, I'm trying hard to keep fighting the good fight, and not let my current sadness bring me all the way down. Sending love to all my April friends, and all those who struggle with obesity, ~Lara
DianneW
on 8/7/07 2:55 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry you are struggling. I still seem to dump, sometimes even more now. the other day I ate to much and threw up for the first time since surgery. I have developed all kinds of food allergies and feel like I never know what to eat. I feel sick all the time, have terrible migraines and my stomach hurts. I'm at or below my goal, but I don't know if it is worth it. Hang in there. Dianne
karaoke Nadine
on 8/4/07 4:39 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Topic: Up 20lbs Since Lowest from 2004
Just checkin in here. It's been a long time but I can see that therer are many of us in the same boat...(slowly sinking). I eat now just like I did as a pre-op. My pouch doesnt even work anymore except that I'm hungrier more often that I ever was pre-op. No food bothers me......its like I never had surgery (except that my Farts stink more). I think I'm ready for a lap-band. This year the weight is creeping on fast. I gained 5 lbs just last month. Every morning I tell myself, "today I will eat better" and then by noon I forgot my pledge. Oh well. My question is: How many of you on this forum, have managed to reach goal and keep it off? Nadine
karaoke Nadine
on 8/4/07 4:29 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Topic: RE: Happy three year rebirthdays!
How are you farting??? What kind of question is that? Well, I actually fart a lot. Pfffft!
DianneW
on 7/27/07 2:44 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: hey yall-update-havent been on here in over a year
I agree with Lara. The first man I was intimate with after my weight loss said "tell me the story of your body". It was the sweetest, kindest thing someone could have said. Not at all critical. It's like I'm 44, of course I have flaws. (I call them wrinkles) they tell the story of my life. I would suggest you get some counseling, consider medication. I have been on prozac for years and am also in counseling, I'm also a counselor. Good luck. I will pray for you as well. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views