Recent Posts

janiej
on 11/13/07 10:41 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: Looking For Some Help
I agree.... you need to figure out why are you wanting to eat... are you substituting it for something else in your life? That said.... I had weight gain myself -- but am working on reversing that. Are you exercising... for me that is a KEY part of keeping my weight down. I actually have gotten a little fanatical on it... it's a good kind of habit now. Early in the morning works best for me -- it's my time..... and I work out mixing up cardio and weights 5 to 6 times a week. That also allows me to have some of the "forbidden" foods. I'm on a choc star kick now. I found that when I cut back on my eating and went back to eating like I should -- lots of fruit, veggies and protein -- along with the exercise the weight started coming off. And my pouch also shrunk back to where it was early on.... so I can't eat as much at a meal. (I'm almost 4 yrs out). It's possible -- have faith, think positive and work your butt off. We have a tool and it's up to us to figure out how to use it for the rest of our lives. Good luck Janie "Our Lives Are Dictated By the Choices We Make"
Richard P.
on 11/10/07 7:44 am - Hazel, KY
Thank you for your kind response. You are the only one winner on the who cared enough to reply to my cry for help. May God bless you and yours.
DianneW
on 11/8/07 9:04 pm - Louisville, KY
I would try seeing a therapist to find out the reason behind why you are overeating again, if you are depressed consider medication. Get back to basics like when you first had surgery, exercise, protien, no sugar, etc. Good luck. Dianne
Richard P.
on 11/4/07 1:59 pm - Hazel, KY
Topic: Looking For Some Help
Hi All, I originally lost 229 pounds, but have now gianed back 69 pounds. I was down to 160 pounds and everyone thought I was too skinny. That really made me feel great. Now, however, I am up to 229 pounds and am very afraid of gaining any more. What can I do short of sewing my lips closed? Thanks.
stactray
on 10/24/07 8:25 am - Newville, PA
Topic: RE: Gained 75 pounds back since 2004 bypass surgery
Hi Lori, My husband and I have an exercise DVD called "Walk Away The Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. She has one that has a one mile walk and a two mile walk on it, then she also has a three mile and a four mile walk too if you want more. It's nice because you can do it in your own home, and it's fairly simple to do. My husband does the two mile walk 3 times a week. I used to do the one mile walk, but have been having issues with something called "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" so I don't feel like doing much other than a few things around the house. Actually, doing any extra exercising makes my symptoms much worse. So I've decided when I have a good day, which are few and far between, I'm just going to have a good day. One day when I get my energy back, I'll get back to that and my water areobics. Good luck and if you give it a try, let me know how you like it.
stactray
on 10/24/07 7:48 am - Newville, PA
Topic: RE: Sad News
LOL...oh boy Lara...I replied to your post about your mom...but didn't realize it was under my husbands account until I sent it. He doesn't sign out and I forget that so what "he" (robert trayler) wrote is really me..lol Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stacy
medinsman41
on 10/24/07 7:44 am - Newville, PA
Topic: RE: Sad News
Lara, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father last November. It does get easier to accept the loss as time goes on, but it is a very hard time. There has not been a day since his passing that I've not thought of him, not only once or twice during the day, but numerous times during the day. We live on the other side of my parents double house. We saw him everyday. The start of the warm season was especially hard, because he did a garden and loved to grill. I found myself sitting out in the backyard wondering how we'd get through, but we did. The holiday's were very hard too, he was a very big person on family get togethers...get togethers for any occasion. My dad had numerous health problems, including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, clogging of the arteries, heart problems. He was in NY to have a procedure done to open the main artery to his heart. It was blocked 90%. They started the procedure, and minutes into the procedure, his artery collapes, and he went in to cardiac arrest. Which in itself is bad, but he had a difibulator, and it was shocking him because of his heart stopping due to the cardiac arrest. The doctors could only stand and wait for that to stop because you are not able to touch someone that has their difibulator going off because of getting shocked themselves. Once that stopped, they started with trying to revive him, but to no avail. Only my mother, one sister, and one brother were with him in NY, we live in PA. They put him on life support to help with the beating of his heart, and when they tried to take him off of it, his heart would not restart on its own, then his kidneys failed, then his liver. They could not save him. They kept him on the lif support until the rest of us drove to NY to be with him. (my parents had 6 kids, all of us but one are married, each with 2 kids) We all drove the 3 1/2-4 hours to get to be with our dad for the last few hours of his life. It was very very traumatic, something we didn't expect, because he had these procedures before, just not on the main artery to his heart. We saw a double rainbow on the way to NY, we thought, that's a good sign. It was of sorts, not for us, but for him, for now, he would not be living in anymore pain or suffereing with his medical problems anymore. He would be at peace. I still miss him so very much, but know I will see him again some day. The support of family and friends is extremely important. Lean on them when you need to....for anything you need them for. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stacy
jhiggins
on 10/10/07 9:58 am - Cibolo, TX
Topic: Howdy y'all!
Hi Everyone! Go**** has been a long time since I have posted anything! I, too, had surgery in April 2004. Man ol' man, time has flown! I have been doing great - but like everyone else have to really work at keeping the weight off. I can really put the food away! I had been up about 12 pounds, but lost it in April when I had a hysterectomy and tummy tuck. Amazing what losing 7 inches of skin off your tummy will do! I was approved for a boob lift, but can't find anyone who will take Tri-care. Know of anyone? Just had to say "Hi"! Peace to all~ Jennifer
Just Janice
on 10/7/07 10:09 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Did y'all shrivel up?
Nobody here but us mice... Janice (trying to hide from the 5 lbs trying to creep up on her...YOU DONT KNOW I AM HERE!)
M M
on 10/6/07 10:45 am
Topic: Did y'all shrivel up?
Hello-o-o-o-o-o? Anybody in here? Man, it's quiet!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views