Recent Posts

Rachelq
on 5/5/08 9:05 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: 4 years ago today (post your update!)
Hi Mae, Good to hear from you. I'm sorry for your struggles, but it is comforting to know I'm not alone. Here's what I've been doing over the last 3 weeks to stay motivated and accountable. 1) I'm coming to terms with the notion that I will never be normal in terms of food and weight. I must stop comparing myself and focus on what I need to do to stay healthy. 2) I've started the 5 day pouch test diet to get my mindset back to only healthy food in my body (in the bariatric sense of the word). Also to remind me of the early days post op when the future was so bright (weight wise). 3) I've started posting again on the california board. I'm including my weight and my general eating journal. I'm also doing the pouch diet with about 3 others on that board. So I have support and I'm accountable. Time will tell how effective this will be. For now, I'm feeling optimistic! What are your plans? Rachel
Maebeitsme
on 5/3/08 6:00 am - Long Beach, CA
Hey all of my April Surgery Buddies ! It's good to see familiar faces . It seems quite a few of us are all in the same boat...up 20-25 pounds...me included . When I read Rachel's profile (before coming to the April surgery message board****pt nodding my head...I could have written more than half of it on my own profile. In a weird way I am comforted to find a lot of us with the same challenges. In another way I am alarmed. The day of surgery I was 274...lowest at 146...now I am around 266. I was happier around 150. I know I have come too far to go back. But I seem to lack the motivation to rid myself of all of the bad habits I have allowed to creep in. I am wearing size 12's now...but they are getting snug...and I liked my 8's more. I refuse to buy the next size. I won't even buy new items in a size 12. Every morning as my selections get slimmer and slimmer, I know changes need to be made. Any suggestions for added accountability? What are you guys doing that seems to work for you? Besides the obvious items...any tricks you play on yourself to stay motivated? We should be there more for each other! Would any one be willing to be more involved in accountability/inspiration on a more daily basis ? Mae
Daphne F.
on 5/2/08 2:11 pm - Medford, NY
Topic: RE: Up 20lbs Since Lowest from 2004
Hi Nadine, I thought I was the only one gaining weight. I have gained 10 pounds this year. I had my 4th anniversity on April 30th. I would do the bypass again in a heart beat. I have gone back to work after 12 years of not being able to walk without sitting down or using a shopping cart to go to the store for a quart of milk. I have to get myself back to exercising. I don't want to go back to my fat clothes. Well, I am going to go on the treadmill and look at the biggest loser again. I taped the shows and watch to get the push to keep going. I still get the full feeling and can't eat like I was doing before the bypass. But I have gained 10 pounds. On my job, we have candy and all kinds of sweets lying around. I have found Oreo 100 calorie cookies in the little pouch. I am going to take a pouch with me to work. I crave crunchy and salty. Thank God I don't crave ice cream anymore. Breyer's butter pecan was my drug of choice. Can't eat ice cream anymore. Lactose intolerant now. I heard about something new. Have to find out about it. Will let you know. Daphne
Rachelq
on 4/29/08 4:38 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey there Lara, I was sorry to read your other post and hope things are going better for you! I put my latest update/photos in my profile. The jist...I'm up 25lbs. Now trying to lose. Time will tell if I slay this formidable beast! Rachel
Neen L.
on 4/28/08 11:09 pm - Arlington, VA
My anniversary was yesterday, 4/28/08! I can't believe that it's been four years. In that time, I have: -Lived in three different cities (Pittsburgh, Boston and Arlington) -Traveled to Italy, England, Amsterdam and Mexico -Met the man of my dreams, who I share a townhouse with in Arlington, VA. -Adopted an adorable 18 month old Shetland Sheepdog -Graduated from university -Been hired at an amazing library in a great position ....and kept the weight off! I have no idea what the future will bring, but what I do know is that I am going to continue to be healthy. I don't ever want to go back to not being able to do everything I want to do. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for what gastric bypass helped me achieve. Best wishes to all of you! *Neen*
feelinggreat
on 4/28/08 5:32 am - Logansport, IN
Hi all it has been four years ago today for me and I can't believe it. I go up and down 5 pounds but I'm maintaining at 150 which is still 120 pounds less then what I was four years ago...LOL Just started walking again to work some more of this weight off would like to lose 20pounds. Congratulations to everyone on here. Robin
Middlesgirl
on 4/27/08 8:44 am - Lansing, MI
Wow, it has been awhile. Up until recently, I was holding steady at about 135, but in the last few months, 15 pounds have taken my thighs hostage! It seems like it came on overnight, or maybe like a thief in the night. I am truly thankful to be where I am, but am terrified of gaining anymore weight. I had such a hard time finding foods my pouch would handle(still have issues), but unfortunately, carbs are some of the best ones. I have got to get back to where I was. People remarked that I was too thin at 135, but I felt safe there. There was almost a cushion, and now that cushion is gone. How scary! Good to see everyone is doing pretty well! Erin
DianneW
on 4/24/08 4:29 am - Louisville, KY
I'm a 10-12 too, up from a 6. But I looked kind of sick when I was that thin. To many wrinkles.
Anna S.
on 4/23/08 10:42 pm - Pine Knot, Ky
Topic: RE: My wife doesn't love cripples
Dianne, I don't know where you are in Ky, but if you're anywhere close to Louisville, check into a consult with Dr. Jorge Rodriguez. He was my surgeon and I, along with any other patient of his I've had conversation with, just love him. His phone number is 502-583-8303 if you would like to call and set up an appointment. I don't think you would be disappointed. Anne6856
lacmike
on 4/23/08 8:39 am - York, PA
It was four years for me April 21....For the first three years I maintained the weight of 138-142, I loved it....in the past year I have gained about 20 lbs....I know I am not getting enough protein and have become addicted to French Onion Soup, I eat it almost daily. I know I need to eat more meat. I supposed 258 to 158, but I miss being a size 6 and I am now a 10/12. Lori 258/158
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views