Recent Posts

Rachelq
on 5/19/08 12:16 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Anybody out there?
I know all to well the feeling of being out of control. Are there any support groups in your area? You don't have info in your profile, so I don't know where you are weight loss wise, so I'm not sure if I should recommend a diet for you, but a couple of us are starting the 5daypouchtest (add a .com for info). It is designed to get you back to basics. Did it two weeks ago and lost 5lbs. Have kept it off too. Keep fighting the good fight, Rachel
Rachelq
on 5/19/08 12:11 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: Day of of the 5dpt - You with me Janice? Anyone else?
Hope you got your supplies, cuz it is on! Wishing you well, Rachel
DianneW
on 5/18/08 11:51 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Anybody out there?
Erin, I have struggled with depression since my weight loss and had to take antidepressants. I know what you mean about feeling heavy when you aren't. Hang in there. Dianne
Middlesgirl
on 5/17/08 9:58 am - Lansing, MI
Topic: Anybody out there?
Over four years out and still having problems with what I can and can't eat. Seems like there isn't much I CAN eat. So much emotional distress and other issues have popped up since I have had surgery. I really wish I had some friends closer who understood where I am coming from. I am so afraid of really starting to gain back weight. I have put on about 10-15 pounds, but I had gotten so thin, everyone says I look healthier. For me, when I sit down, or try to put on clothes, I feel like I am 300 pounds again even though I can look in the mirror and see that I am not. I really wish the mental side of things would be fixed with the physical side. The medical folks don't seem concerned with that part.
Just Janice
on 5/14/08 7:43 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Lost 5lbs
There seems to be a group on the TX board starting every week with either the Plateau buster or the 5DPT. I would LOVE to join you, so I will stock up on supplies this weekend...
Rachelq
on 5/14/08 6:44 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Janice, Good to see some folks are still stopping by. I am indeed starting the next 5dpt on Monday. I'd love it if you would join me. A couple of us from the California board are doing it. the more the merrier!
Just Janice
on 5/14/08 5:08 am - Houston, TX
I am with ya! I could stand to put those carb monsters back in their lil box! Are you starting Monday??
Just Janice
on 5/14/08 5:07 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: 5 Day Pouch Test
Hey Rachel! Congrats on doing the 5DPT! I have done this a few times, not to lose weight, but to decarb and control the demons. Good luck! I pop in and out of here every few days, and would LOVE to see this board more active! So, c'mon guys..lets DO IT! J
Rachelq
on 5/12/08 1:18 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: Lost 5lbs
Yeah! The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. i'm upping my calories this week and then doing it again next week. Anyone care to join me? See 5daypouchtest.com for details. Rachel
Rachelq
on 5/8/08 7:49 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: 5 Day Pouch Test
Hey Aprilers. Well here we are, fully ensconced in year 4. For me things are looking up. I'm making changes and feeling really good about them. 1)I've started the 5 day pouch test (see 5daypouchtest.com). This is designed to cleanse you, get you back to basics and to give your pouch rest and a possible chance of shrinking a bit. Day 1 & 2 were tough. Today...day 4...I feel great! 2) my job has been making me miserable and taking me away from the people I love, away from my support group and away from OH...I'm resigning. I even think I may have already found a new job! Best of all DH is in full support of my decision to step down (despite the huge loss in salary...have to say good bye to my housekeeper...oh well.) 3) I'm working on understanding me and my body instead of being freaked out about not having a normal relationship with food and for not being able to eat like a 'normal' person. What I am is all I got...so I've got to deal... 4) Back on the California and April board. I hope many of you will join me in the latter. I need to start living my life out loud again. The good, bad and saggy! Accountablity and keeping it real. So for all that, I have to say, I don't know if I've lost any weight, but I sure feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me. Come on lurkers...come out to play! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views