Second Update

tonishappy
on 1/24/06 12:33 am - Greensboro, NC
Well I am two weeks out and only have 1/2 my staples left, get the rest removed hopefully tomorrow. I have already achieved my last two goals!!! I now have lost over 150 pounds (goals was to lose 150) and I am now a normal BMI (24.4). This is so above what I expected when I started this journey. I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks just from the pani removal! Toni 285/132(normal BMI)/129 - Goal to maintain is 129-130.
Donna Paige
on 1/24/06 12:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Congratulations Toni! Hope the pain is better now. I actually started feeling human again at 2 weeks. I'm just curious as to why they used staples though. I had 1000's of tiny dissolvable stitches in mine. Nothin had to be removed. I didn't even have steri-strips. Doc was so pleased he got rid of my old staple scars.
tonishappy
on 1/26/06 10:11 pm - Greensboro, NC
Donna, I am not sure why he used staples. But they are all gone now. I Had stitches on my hips and the ones on my left side are still there. He had to drain some fluid (old blood) off that side when I went on Wednesday to get the other half of the staples off and said he wanted to keep them in for another week so it would re-open. I have steri strips on the back and on both sides. So far the swelling is going down each week. How long did your swelling last? Toni
Rae Smiles
on 1/24/06 2:30 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Toni, congrats to you...isn't it a GREAT feeling.... I too had staples for my TT...my ps removed them at about the 6 day mark and now at 4 months out you can not see any scars from the staples...I think it is a personal choice of the ps. best wishes, RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views