Had a baby!

Kelly_J
on 1/5/06 9:44 am - NY
Hello all fellow Apriler's! I wanted to let everyone know that I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to a 7lb 10oz 21in long baby boy named Jacob on November 1st. My only thing now is getting to goal. I gained almost 20lbs with the pregnancy and lost it all right away but now I am stuck and can't lose anymore. I am breastfeeding which makes me have to take in more calories but I am eating too many carbs and I can eat whole lot of food now. I can literally eat a footlong sub from Subway (just turkey, cheese, and mayo on wheat but still)! I read another post about people being able to eat a lot and not reaching goal and that's me too! I thought I was the only one and I feel like a failure. I'm stuck at 190lbs down from 280lbs and I am 5'10, I would like to get to at least 170lbs but it just seems so far off and with BFing I can't diet really or it will lower my milk supply. I can tolerate all sweets too. I need some help or a revision or something, no one can tell I had the surgery from the way I can eat now! I so look a lot thinner than before don't get me wrong and I am much healthier but I did not expect to be able to eat this much again and I have actually put on 3lbs while BFing which I am told is normal but still freaks me out. I was an avid gym goer when I got pregnant and stopped because my heartrate got too high but I started back up again at 4 weeks post partum and it was like starting all over again, and now I have not got in 3 weeks because I have no time, and with the holidays I ate wayyyyy to many snacks, I can't believe I didn't gain a ton of weight, I was actually lucky I guess. I just am very disappointed with my pouch and wish I could be back to a few ounces again. I would love to get to goal by July or August since I will be trying again for baby #3! I guess I just need some support for feeling like I am failing. Thanks for listening. Kelly 25yrs old RNY 4-14-04 Jacob 8 weeks 5 days old Colin 4yrs old
Ayleneb
on 1/7/06 1:09 am - Jacksonville, FL
Kelly, Congrats on little Jacob!! I am a fellow April RNYer and just had a new little boy, Jamie, on 12/19/05. I actually gained 30lbs with the pregnancy and at this point I"m down about 10-15lbs. I'm trying to breastfeed but we're having supply issues that are caused by PCOS. Still, it's very confusing trying to figure out what and how much to eat. During pregnancy my pouch allowed me to eat alot more and different foods than I could before, in the last week or so I've noticed that I can't eat as much and my tolerances seem to be reverting back to pre-pregnancy, still I eat more than I did before the baby. I've heard that some people do a liquid diet for a few days, like the post-op diet, to help shrink their pouches back. Since you are bfing that isn't really possible. I would suggest that you just start making sure that you are eating good, healthy foods. Limit the junkfood and get more exercise back into your daily life. Right now bfing is more important than your weight - it's such a short time it's really worth the sacrifice. Remember, it took 9 months to gain the weight - it takes nine months to get your body back. I have to keep reminding myself!! When I found out that I was pregnant with this baby I had just gotten into my first pair of size 10 jeans. This wasn't a planned pregnancy - it was a birth control error (those pills really don't work for me! LOL) and I'm really disappointed with how my body looks right now. I can fit into my 16's and some 14's but I just look super lumpy so I'm still wearing my smaller maternity clothes. Talk about a blow to the ego! But this is just for a time. Now that my body is starting to heal from the baby I plan to start exercising, walking with him, doing exercise videos, I'm considering joining a gym if I can figure out when I would go! I've got to cut out the extra junk that I was eating while pregnant (and excusing by saying I needed the extra calories! LOL). We will get there! BTW, you may want to check into the ossg-pregnancy-grads group on Yahoo groups - for post-op ladies who have had their babies. I just got an invite today since I was on their pregnancy list. Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 Mom to Simon 10/98, Matthew 5/02 and Jamie 12/19/05
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views