Anyone wear Medic Alert?

Pegtrala
on 1/3/06 11:02 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I am thinking about getting a Medic Alert bracelet. Do any of you wear one? If so, what did you have put on it? What style of bracelet would you recommend? I would appreciate any information you care to share. Thanks. Peg
Luann S.
on 1/4/06 5:07 am - Green Bay, WI
No sorry, I don't wear one.
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 5:08 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey Peg, I wear a medic alert - just the standard gold tone. I have a friend who works at an er and he told me just to get the plain old fashioned one - no necklace or fancy designs. He said one of the most troubling issues the er and ambulance attendents have is time...they don't have time to search all of your jewlery to see if it's a medic alert. So, based on his advice and that of my doctor, i got the standard size, free bracelet you get when you sign up. I was also told to wear it on my dominant arm as an indication that it is not just simple jewlery. Most people wear bracelets on their non-dominant arm as it tends to get int he way - it's amazing how quickly you become accustomed to it. As for what it says: Gastric Bypass no blind ng tube (which i was told means they have to set the tube with guidance or not at all). and then a list of my allergies which are probably more important than the bypass. hope this helps. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks." Jack Penn
Pegtrala
on 1/4/06 10:35 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Web Diva. Thanks for the advice. I received similar comments from a couple of other people too, so that's what I'm going to do. I appreciate your response. Peg
DianneW
on 1/5/06 2:53 am - Louisville, KY
I don't have one, but should, I have a heart condition, allergies, etc. This site has some cute ones. http://www.n-styleid.com/medical_charm.htm
Jeri R.
on 1/21/06 10:45 am - Mansfield, MA
Hi Web Diva! Just came across your posting and I am also interested in getting just a regular medic alert bracelet, but have no idea where to get one. I was surprised when I read your posting that you got one free! Would you care to share that info?? Sure would appreciate it! Jeri
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views