Menu Call for Slow Loosers

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 1:50 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Ok, I saw on here the other day where there was discussion about us SLOW / NO loosers. I'm in the bunch at having only lost 85 lbs. So, i'm gonna try and start a menu call and see if anyone responds. Maybe we can see what others are doing or learn what we might be doing wrong and support each other....so here goes... Breakfast Protien Shake: 16oz water, 1.5 tbs cocoa powder (sugarless - 30 cals), 1/2 scoop protien powder (60 cals), 3 tbls splenda (-0-), 1/4 banana (25 cals), 1.5 tbls peanut butter (135 cals). Cals: 250 Lunch 2 chicken wings (kfc) (340 cals) 1 tbls. potato with cheddar and bacon (40 cals) Cals: 380 Snack green salad with cheddar and chicken strip (non breaded) with 1 tbls blue cheese (230 cals) Dinner Undecided at this point but need to stay under 700 cals for dinner and snack. END OF DAY: 120 ounces of light lemonade/water/crystal light for the day. So that's it. Most likely i'll have a 1/2 of pumpernickle with 2 oz. cheese and 1 oz. lean ham grilled for dinner. which is about 350/400 cals and try to stay away from the snack. I've had chicken for lunch so i wont be that hungry later on and might just go for another protien shake but beef it up with carb countdown to add some cals and protien. I hope others will post and maybe we can help each other. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Bill Cosby
Pegtrala
on 12/30/05 3:25 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Web Diva. Good for you for posting! I know it takes a lot of guts to do this, and I guess I just don't have it...yet! I just went online and joined the Discovery Channel National Body Challenge 2006. I hope it will get me motivated to keep going. I have lost a total of 72 lbs since my first surgery...80 lbs from my highest. I HOPE I am still losing weight from my second surgery August 12th of this year. It is very slow, and I am getting into things I shouldn't...thus not losing as quickly as I could. Do keep posting, and I hope others will too. Good luck, and Happy New Year! Peg
DianneW
on 12/30/05 9:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Just a thought, but I would eat a whole boneless, skinless chicken breast instead of the two wings, probably the same calories and a lot more protien, less fat. More bang for your buck so to speak. Good luck. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/05 5:39 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey Dianne, thanks for the note. I used to try and eat the boneless skinless breast but find the meat doesn't sit well with my new stomach. I have serious issues with chicken. Also, my doctor told me to try the wings to add some fat to my diet as he didn't feel i was getting enough.. He has worries about the gall bladder and all. Anyway, i do appreciate your thoughts. I do eat 1/2 of a breast when i eat the boneless skinless. i make it at home in the crock cuban style which tends to make it moister...but again, i can only eat half and then i have to eat something else that day that is very soft and fluid to get past the chicken. Have a great day.
Rae Smiles
on 12/31/05 5:06 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, yes, I remember you from BTC....I find that I eat different than most folks...sometimes I worry about eating too much, or too often... I have stopped the junk!!! Although I ate terribly for about a week, I did NOT gain even an ounce. But to be honest, I do intend to occasionally eat "junk"....it is a part of normal life, at least for me... I can NOT go more than approx 3 hours without eating....sometimes I can go 4 hrs, but usually not...my bloodsugar goes way to low...sometimes to 40' s and 50's.... Today.... Breakfast...approx 7:30 am 1 slice toast with peanut butter and sf jelly 10:45 half grilled cheese sandwich w/lowfat swiss cheese AND chicken lunchmeat (low fat/low calorie) & and small handful of torilla chips 12:00 ONE small choc truffle and a few handfuls of low fat microwave popcorn 3:00 3/4 sm orange and 3 small/thin slices of swiss cheese and 3 triscuits For dinner...I am thinking about fixing a small ham that is in the freezer...maybe with some fresh string beans.... Since surgery I crave ham a lot... I have two on-going issues since surgery....low blood sugar and low blood pressure...I had both prior to gaining weight...so not WLS related just me....sometimes I wonder if I want the ham because of the salt... I do MUCH better when I am on a schedule...since the week prior to Christmas I have been WAY off my schedule....hopefully after I go back to work on Tuesday I will go back to my normal eating habits...I typically do NOT eat peanut butter but maybe once every two weeks.... Remember we all lose at our own speed...also, sounds like you are not eating very many calories per day....I must get in at least 1500 per day, usually more, otherwise I will continue to lose weight....although I am thinking after I maintain my weight for a while, maybe I will try for 5 more pounds... Best wishes to you...remember, think about the positive....you have lost SO MUCH WEIGHT....85 lbs!!! Very nice indeed... Have you chatted with the nutritionist at BTC? I have phoned back numerous times and have always gotten good advice... Best wishes..and lets keep in touch.... RAE
DianneW
on 12/31/05 6:00 am - Louisville, KY
Lucky for me chicken is one of the few things I can eat. Hang in there. dianne
MeltingMama
on 12/31/05 8:29 am - A few short miles from my dreamhouse, MA
Hi.. What are your calorie/fat/carb goals? Just wondering, since I'm also looking to get on track. Beth
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/05 1:46 pm - Lost in Woods, PA
hey beth. they break out as follows: below 1500 cals (no prob) above 800 cals. fat is no more than 30 carb is 35. i try to stick to about 20 carbs but i just started boxing training so i have to take in a few more. i also shoot for 60 protien...my doctor said he doesn't want me any higher than that. i don't do sugar at all and very little natural sugars (fruit)...i tend to get sick from it...i can only consume about 1/4 of a banana before i get sick. i do 1/2 hour of boxing training per day, walk 35/45 minutes and take in over 120 ounces of fluid per day. hope that helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views