Help!!

Rae Smiles
on 12/21/05 11:09 am - Mount Airy, MD
I feel like I know so many of you....I am nervous and need to write this so I can put it in perspective.... The last week I have been eating junk, every single day....today I ate 3 sugar cookies and two chocolate covered marshmellow santa's....not all in one sitting...but I still ate it... Tonight I don't feel great...yeah, I wonder why... Anyway, I made myself walk up to the sixth floor today, three times through-out the day...everynight this week I have been on the elipical trainer... I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and I bet I have put on at least a pound...and I know, it is only a pound, but I don't want one pound to lead to two pounds, and on it goes.... I have NEVER yet gained any weight since WLS...I was up several pounds after my TT, but that didn't bother me as I knew it was fluid... Anyone having problems controlling their eating? I have done so well but I am not having a good wee****ep reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day and I can decide how I want to spend my day...eating junk and feeling guilty OR eating healthy and wearing my size 6's!!! Anyone else having uncontrollable urges to eat "holiday junk"? RAE
askaggs1
on 12/21/05 1:04 pm - Cunningham, KY
Rae, Well I had my surgery the day after you, if I read correctly. Mine was on 4/20/04. I can't say anything to actually help you with the urges, but I can tell you that I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I've done the same!! You know that when you are eating that sugar cookie how bad you are gonna feel, or maybe you don't think of it at the time, but no matter what you still eat it. I think everybody goes through this at least once. Myself I've done this more times than I care to mention!! I AM ASHAMED!! But something that does help me...put up tons of old pics of yourself, on the fridge, on the microwave, stick some on the mirror in the bathroom, or bedroom ANYWHERE and maybe looking at the old you will help you to stay away from all the BAD THINGS out there. I even have a pic of me about an hour or two after surgery (it's posted on my profile) and believe me it is scary!! I keep it handy so I can look at it and try to remember all the things I had to go through to get where I am now. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. But I hope it can help you. Good luck and God Bless
Rae Smiles
on 12/22/05 2:48 am - Mount Airy, MD
thanks for the idea's...I now have a "fat" picture of me to look at....I need to step away from the brownies... I have been doing better today...no cookies, no sugar so far.... I think the next two weeks are going to be hard. RAE
DianneW
on 12/22/05 4:06 am - Louisville, KY
Hang in there, I've been eating way to much sugar as well. It is that time of year. Dianne
lacmike
on 12/22/05 8:30 am - York, PA
Rae, Yesterday I was feeling the exact same way you are. I have a sales rep who brings donuts to my office, I have asked him not too and told him that he knows I am dieting but for some reason he does not listen. Not but later that day I ate a few mini donuts with powder sugar and of course consumed my weakness...chocolate covered pretzels. I thought OMG I am going to die from sugar shock and gain weight. Then I thought more about what I ate later, I did pretty good, I had a bowl of fetticini alfredo with chicken (I do not put over pasta, I use Birds Eye vegitables instead....Excellent), I had one soft shelled taco for lunch, and a bowl of sugar free jello with fruit, and later that day I ate a small bowl of Chicken noodle soup, so these combined are not necessarily all bad choices. I do know that my pre mensus week, I might as well eat the kitchen sink. I too have been eating cookies, but they are made with Splenda or Equal for baking and sugar free peanut butter, so I do not feel that guilty. I know I have been gaining more of an appetite and exercising less, even though I have Christmas shopped until I dropped. I swear I am going to start working out more after the holidays, hopefully rid myself of the last 10 lbs. Hang in there, keep posting, we can all help each other get through this. Lori 258/138
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 2:10 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey RAE - sorry you're having problems but please back away from the junk. We are surgery buddies, if you remember, we were in rooms right next to each other. I haven't lost as much weight as you...you've done fantastic.... I have at this point only tried a cookie once since surgery, it made me sick and i wont do it again....I'm one of the fortunate ones that sugar really makes me ill but then again, i have never really eaten that much as i am diabetic so it's much easier for me. Please, relax, breathe and back away from the junk. It is typical around the holidays to loose control - there is just so much out there. What you have to do now is take back control. Remember why you stopped eating that stuff....get back to the protien and please don't feel guilty - that is the worst thing you can do...it sets you up to continue to fall. Remember why you went through all of this - the wls and the ps. Also remember the holidays are almost over and the junk will be gone - you would need to seek it out at that point. If there is a certain area where the cookies and candy are - go the other direction or at least like you said, go up and down the stairs to feel better. Please, just hang in there - we are all here for you. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views