** Monday Roll Call -- BRR!

Pegtrala
on 12/19/05 1:31 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi April buddies! Well, are you at home or at work? For many of us, we are home in our snug houses out of harm's way here in the Portland OR area. We have had snow and ice, and our town just isn't prepared for either. We become an ice rink with lots of streets and highways becoming parking lots. I'm so glad my DH and I are retired!! I "borrowed" a couple of Questions of the Day (QOD) from another board. Here they are! 1. For the women: Do you wear make-up? If so, when did you start wearing it? For the men: Do you have a beard and/or facial hair? If so, when did you start wearing it? 2. Do you drink bottled or tap water? 3. Back in the good ol' days, what did it cost for something you purchased? My Answers: 1. I have worn lipstick since I started the 7th grade. I wear it, eye make-up, and a little blush when needed. Oh, and my hair is now dark auburn! ( I am determined that I will probably be one of those little old ladies with no gray....don't know what color, but there will be color!) 2. I prefer bottled water, but the frugal side of me makes me fill up an empty bottled water container with my own tap water. 3. I'm a grandmother of 56, so everything cost less. I think the most amazing thing to look back on was the trip I took with my folks and my sister back to South Dakota in the summer of 1968. There was a gas war going on...cheap gas...and my dad bought regular at 25 cents a gallon! Oh, the good old days! Actually, I am so glad to be living today in the modern era with up-to-date medical facilities and such. Just think. We would still be stuck in our old heavy bodies back then, and some of us, without modern day medical intervention, wouldn't even be here. Have a great day today, and stay warm! Peg
Rae Smiles
on 12/19/05 3:53 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Peg, I too started wearing lipstick in the 7th grade....was wearing foundation shortly there-after as I have TERRIBLE skin....no facial hair, LOL I typically wear a face full of make up each day, if I am leaving the house...but nothing too heavy. I prefer bottled water OR flavored water....I have no idea why, but plain tap water upsets my stomach....but only since WLS. I was born in 1968, and I remember buying my first new car in 1987...high grade gas was under $1 per gallon.....while somethings are higher, others are now cheaper...I am thinking about airline tickets...remember when an airplane ticket cost thousands of dollars? Not any more!! Best to all!! RAE
lacmike
on 12/19/05 10:50 am - York, PA
1. For the women: Do you wear make-up? If so, when did you start wearing it? For the men: Do you have a beard and/or facial hair? If so, when did you start wearing it? I was not allowed to wear make up until I was 16, then it was very little, today the same, just usually a little blush, lipstick and some eyeliner. I do not wear foundation at all, I only wear enough to bring out my best facial features. 2. Do you drink bottled or tap water? I prefer bottled water, unless I am in a resturante, then it is water with lemon. I also do not like any flavored water, just plain water for me. 3. Back in the good ol' days, what did it cost for something you purchased? OMG, I am not that old but it is amazing how prices have changed, I remember penny candy that now costs you a nickle.
mikkozoe
on 12/19/05 9:50 pm - Conyers, GA
1. For the women: Do you wear make-up? If so, when did you start wearing it? For the men: Do you have a beard and/or facial hair? If so, when did you start wearing it? Lets see i must have started about 16 and i ware alittle ..some eyeliner and lipstick and mascara and alittle and i mean alittle foundation 2. Do you drink bottled or tap water? Well i am too cheep to buy bottled so i guess Tap ...But i like both but no flavors for me just lemon 3. Back in the good ol' days, what did it cost for something you purchased? I remember when going to the moves was like $3.50 and not $6.75 Laura
DianneW
on 12/22/05 4:00 am - Louisville, KY
1. I only started wearing makeup every day since my surgery, I'm a girly girl now. I used to wear it on special occasions. I'm still not dramatic about it. 2. I drink tap water mostly, sometimes bottle with splenda. 3. I remember getting a Hershey bar for a dime. Sad that I remember chocolate. I must confess to buying Godiva Chocolate cordials a whole (small) box. I'm only eating one at a time. God they are good. I'm still loosing weight so that's not a concern but have to watch the dumping and low blood suger if I eat to much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views