how do we get all this fluid off

Donna R
on 12/18/05 1:11 pm - Paducah, KY
I dont remember being this swollen after my GBS but i was much bigger then and maybe did not notice, anyway, I have gained about 12 pounds and my legs are huge, about an inch larger just around the ankles. I am drinking a LOT of water and walking around, how else can I get this off?? I go to the surgeon tomorrow, he is going to change the bandages and I will also ask him tomorrow, have a great week. Donna
Pegtrala
on 12/18/05 2:33 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. I wear support stockings all the time, and that really helps keep my legs and ankles from swelling. Good luck at the doctor's. Peg
Donna Paige
on 12/18/05 11:21 pm - Pottstown, PA
When you find out, please let me know. I think I must have swallowed the hoover damn with this surgery. I look like the stay puff marshmallow man. Donna Paige
Donna R
on 12/20/05 3:23 am - Paducah, KY
Well my doctor had no magical cure, just to get pleanty of fluids. heck i am going to float away with all this water I am drinking but the water will also help with constipation from the iron pills and the pain pills. I have lost maybe 6 pounds since I got home on Friday so I know it is coming off and my ankles dont look quite as big now. its cold here and I am bundled up anyways, so now one but me will see my ankles Donna R 277/156
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views