Still Obese...Fear of Failing

karaoke Nadine
on 12/26/05 11:03 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Terrie.....Yikes now you're really got me askerred so far after the 8-10 lbs that I have put back on it has stopped. I think its normal to go up a few pounds but as long as it stops. I am not gaining anymore and have maintained my current weight for a while now. I struggle just to get a few lbs off and it is rough. I weigh myself only once a week. I don't even own a scale. I weigh at work in the school nurses office. Bummer that school is out for 3 weeks and I wont be able to weigh til Jan 9th but I'm ok with it. That will really show if I have gained weight over the holidays. I try to get to the gym but during these holidays I've been so busy. My doc says "no snacking" between meals and eat only 3 times a day. That he says is the key along with exercising at least 4 times a week. I struggle with my water intake and I know that drinking water supresses the appetite some so I need to kick start the water. Anyhoo these are some of the things that we are supposed to be doing to be successful. I hope to get a handle on things. Take Care Nadine p.s. I see that you are from CA...do you ever come to any of the CA events?
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 5:26 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Nadine, I'm with everyone on this post! I haven't been seen on this board in a long time but used to be a regular. I need to come back for support! I've never reached my goal either. I started at 297 and lost to 192 (105 lbs.) in 9 months. Then, everything stopped! I was within 5 lbs of that for about 5-6 months and then GAINED back up to 213! YIKES! I'm scared to death. I find myself getting jealous as well of those of us who have been more successful. I've GOT to stop that! I'm trying to reign myself in and make sure I'm eating right which I know I wasn't. Nothing makes me sick unfortunately. I'm starting a 3 day cleansing diet this week to hopefully get things kickstarted again. I'm also getting back to the gym. I HATE that there are no shortcuts to this game - even with surgery! Hangin in there with y'all! Ronda from TX
karaoke Nadine
on 1/3/06 8:42 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
What does your 3 day cleansing diet consist of? I too am getting back to the gym this week. Uggg I go back to work Monday and am afraid of how much I put on since I only weigh at school and have been off for 3 weeks. Nadine
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 11:15 am - Richardson, TX
The philosophy behind this is that it cleanses your system of toxins that are holding on to fat and kickstart weight loss. You protein load on Day 1, then fresh fruit on day 2-3. Something about the enzymes from the fruit. ??? Of course if you dump, you may not be able to do this. Day 1: protein drink every 2 hrs. from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Then at 6:00-eat a large up to 6 cups (as large as you can anyway) veggie salad with any veggies you want (raw) and 6 oz. of protein on top (chicken, fish, eggs,etc.) topped with either 1/2 avacado or 2Tbs Olive or Flax Oil. I couldn't eat this much so I juiced the remainder and drank it. YUK. Days 2-3: every 2 hrs, you'll have fruit until dinner when you have a salad as above but without the protein on top. 8:00 - 2 cups of melon (canteloupe, watermelon, or honeydew) 10:00 - 1 banana 12:00 - 2 cups fruit medley (pinapple, apple, blueberries, strawberries, kiwifruit) 2:00 - 1 cup grapes 4:00 - 1 cup each of apple and blueberries 6:00 - salad - same as day 1 except no protein You can supposedly cycle this cleanse once a week for up to 12 weeks. I'll keep you posted as to how this works. If you have any input, I'm all ears. Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 11:26 am - Richardson, TX
Nadine, I just realized we are surgery date sisters. Cool. Anyway, my dietician would probably have a cow if she knew I was trying something so drastic as that cleanse, but I figured, it's only 3 days - what the heck it might work. Why is it so easy to break the habit of excercise and so hard to re-instate it!? Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to work (out) we go........ Ronda
karaoke Nadine
on 1/3/06 12:41 pm - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Hey Ronda....cool a sista Please please let me know how this works. I'm bout ready to try some diet pills. Nadine
Rondaslosinit
on 1/4/06 12:31 am - Richardson, TX
Mornin`! Guess what? Today is day 3 of the cleanse for me and I've lost 4 lbs! YAHOO! YIPPEE! Doin` cartwheels here! Crossing my fingers that it is real and not just temporary. Even if it is, at least now I'm encouraged. It's the first time in nearly a year that I've seen the scales move in the right direction! Just wanted to let you know. I'll continue to keep you posted. Ronda p.s. have a great day and get down to that gym! I'm going to try to make it today.
karaoke Nadine
on 1/4/06 2:12 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Yippee!!! That is great Ronda. Don't be a skeptic Thanks for inspiring me and gettin me motivated today. Off to the gym... Nadine
Rondaslosinit
on 1/7/06 6:03 am - Richardson, TX
Thank Nadine! We need to motivate each other. Brief update: I lost a total of 5 lbs during my 3 day cleanse and have kept it off for 2 days following that. I also went back to the gym. I had to start all over again since it has been about 6 months so I just rode the bike for 30 min. The main thing is that I show up and do something, right? How are you doing? Ronda
karaoke Nadine
on 1/9/06 7:01 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Hey Ronda....today is Monday and I'm on the wagon. I actually took a diet pill today to kick start me. It's really working but I got the worst dry mouth and I only took half a pill. I just want to try it for a few days to get me goin. Back at the gym today too. Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views