Still Obese...Fear of Failing

karaoke Nadine
on 12/18/05 1:03 pm - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Hey all, I never reached goal and am still in the obese catagory. I lost about 80lbs but have put back 10. I'm struggling with eating and I feel like I eat just as a pre-op. If I were to go out with a friend that didnt know I had wls, they wouldn't know by the amount I can eat. Can you all eat like before? Anyone out here that are in fear of gaining it all back? Nadine
Pegtrala
on 12/18/05 2:31 pm - Beaverton, OR
Yes. I need to find a support group real fast! Good luck to you, Nadine. Peg
karaoke Nadine
on 12/19/05 1:15 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Thanks Peg....but isnt online support enough? I've gotten all my support here.....I've never been to a support group. Sad huh? Nadine
Pegtrala
on 12/19/05 1:27 am - Beaverton, OR
Well, for some people, maybe this board is enough. It is pretty wonderful. I know for me, I need the accountability of having to weigh once a week and be accountable for it. I think that works better for some people, but not for everyone. Anyway, I am just exploring options. I am not going to throw in the towel and just accept being at my current weight. I want to lose more. Peg
karaoke Nadine
on 12/19/05 1:34 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Here Here I'mwith ya Peg. Nadine
mikkozoe
on 12/18/05 9:32 pm - Conyers, GA
well i dont eat as much as before ...But i can eat alot ...And like you said if someone did not know i had surgery then they might not know by how much i can eat ....I never got to goal eaither i lost 85 and still have 40 left to go and i cant get that to leave me for anything in the world ...So you are not alone that is for sure ...And it is scarry cause i am hungry so i eat ...But i feel like that is way too much ....What to do ...What to do ... Laura
Pegtrala
on 12/19/05 1:11 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Laura. I think you are playing my song! I am thinking about going to Weigh****chers or some other support group. Another WLS friend and I are also trying to get a group going in our area to be supportive. I bet there are more than 3 of us in the same boat from the April board. Let's see if we can encourage each other. Okay? Peg
mikkozoe
on 12/19/05 9:44 pm - Conyers, GA
Peg OMG i think we are all thinking the same here. I am sooo Going to go to WW in Jan and get moving on that .. i mean it use to work so now i figuer if i am starting at a lower weight mabey i can get were i want to be. But that is my goal for Jan the first week. I think the three of us ...and who ever else is lerking ....Need to start supporting each other we are all in this together in a way ...and we did not fail at all ....We just need to be NORMAL people on a diet now !! Which sucks !!! but we can do it .... Laura
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 1:44 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey Peg, there are many more of us out here. I have lost 85lbs. since my surgery. I stopped in my 7th month and have been struggeling with 5 pounds since then. My doctor attributes it to many other health issues i've been battling for years (PCOS, Idiopathic Edema, etc.). Anyway, I find that i can eat more on some days than others but i still keep a close eye on my calorie intake and carbs. I think we have a wonderful support group here - it's been great for me...i'm not one of those who likes to go in front of others (face-to-face). One thing i have found that helps with the eating is to eat the one food that i know will stay with me forever....CHICKEN (my nemesis). I don't know what it it about it but when i eat chicken for lunch (as i am now [1 normal size breast])...i wont be hungry for the rest of the day and i have to force myself to eat a small meal or drink a protien shake by the end of the day to come up with the remainder of my calories. Let's all keep encouraging each other....maybe a posting of the daily intake would be good....menu roll call.... Open RNY 4/19/2004 "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
karaoke Nadine
on 12/19/05 1:20 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Wow we are neck and neck with the digits. I also need to lose 40 lbs. I am still wearing a size 14/16 but a lot of that has to do with my big ole panni. I saw the plastic surgeon already 2 months ago and he said that I qualify for a panni removal but if I can get 20 more lbs off, I would have much better results. I go back next month to see if I got the weight off but it doesnt look like its gonna happen. He said that he woud still do the panni. I'm hoping with the panni gone, I get down to a size 10. Thanks Laura for your reply. Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views