cant keep weight stable

wildrose021
on 12/12/05 2:48 pm - MN
i like being 135 any less and my skin is horrible even just losing a few pounds and it makes a big difference so i've been trying to stay at atleast 135 its a healthy weight for my height not to mention if i dont pay attention then i just keep losing. i feel like i think about food more then before my surgery. but sometimes i just dont feel hungry at all my stomach gets easy upset things bother me now that never did like even gross movies. i have to force myself to eat even when im not hungry or i lose weight it goes down so easily now. i had troubles getting in enouph food from the start and it took me alot longer for me not to feel sick on food could it just take me a little bit longer before i even out it been about 18 months now you would think i wouldnt have these problems now anyone else have these problems this far out. i did gain some weight back but i just wants to go back down to 115. i felt horrible and looked pretty sickly any advice on how to maintain without eating all the time. thanks christina
Rae Smiles
on 12/13/05 1:24 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Christina, I am a bit confused from your post...in your first sentence you mention that you like weighing 135 but later say that you want to get down to 115... But to maintain your weight, and if you have problems eating, how about adding in higher fat meats, add some butter to your steamed veggies, eat a bit of peanut butter....add cheese whenever possible...I developed a dairy tolerance problem, but I can still have butter and cheese. Anyway, please clarify your situation... Best to you, RAE
wildrose021
on 12/13/05 8:08 am - MN
i was saying that my weight got down to 115lbs then went up to 136 with alot of effort but now its going back down and i weigh 129. thanks for the advice but i've already added butter back in and carbs if i didnt i would proble be under 100lbs by now.
DianneW
on 12/13/05 9:11 am - Louisville, KY
I am having trouble keeping my weight up as well. I'm 5'7 and down to 129. I'm lactose intolerent, can't eat any nuts, hypoglycemic, very limited in what I can eat. So...I'm going to see a dietician Dec. 30th for some suggestions. I know I'm not getting enough calories. It's that simple. But difficult. dianne
Rae Smiles
on 12/14/05 10:39 pm - Mount Airy, MD
thanks for the clarification...Now that I have reached goal, and to maintain goal, I had to add in another meal...I started at 6 meals per day, cut back to about 4-5, and now am back at 6 meals again....for me to get in enough food, nutrition and calories to maintain, I need to eat MORE food and because I don't want to/can't eat enough at each meal, another meal was necessary...also, i find that I can eat small amounts of sugar...and my nutritionist recommended adding in some sugar to help me maintain....obviously within reason. As Diane mentioned, perhaps a visit or two with a WLS nutritionist would help you...I have relied on my nutritionist several times over the last year...and I am 20 months out... Best wishes to you... RAE
ruthdebra
on 12/14/05 11:36 pm - Palm Springs, CA
hi Christina, I have brief periods in which I keep losing - and what I do is drink with meals for a few days. I know it's a bad habit but it does let me eat a little more until I put on a few pounds then I go back to not drinking with meals. Also - and this may not be something you want to do - I'll occasionally have a glass of wine before dinner and that adds a few calories. Yes - I'm at times the queen of bad habits but for the greatest amount of time I strictly follow the rules and am very compliant. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views