time for hernia repair and TT

Donna R
on 12/9/05 2:08 pm - Paducah, KY
well I can't believe how long its actually been since I had surgery. I have lost about 130 pounds and no longer use my cane and have not used my CPAP almost from the start. My insurance had me wait 18 months, lose 100 pounds and stay steady at a weight. well I have done all three, I have maintained 150 since early July. so on tuesday I will have surgery to repair a huge hernia under my sternum plus my surgeon will cut off part of that little sternum bone, it sticks out and you can actually see it. then he will remove as much skin as possible and then head down to where he had to fix a Ventra hernia last April. that one was dangerous and HURT. he is going to removes some more skin and make it taut, then he is going to do something called a Pubic Lift, he will make T shaped incession and pull up that sagging skin in the upper pubic area, he said it will be about a 3 hour surgery I am wearing a size 8 jeans and a Medium top. I can't wait to go clothes shopping once all the swelling goes down. but for now, I bought a few pairs of sweats because I know my jeans won't fit for a while. I have wanted to buy so many cute things I have seen but I have to wait, its no fun to find a neat item and find out its too big and looks too baggy to even wear as a sleep shirt two people who I know will be in the hospital at them same time, i may even get to share a room with one of them, that will be neat to know in advance who my room mate is, plus she is having the same surgery as me... My surgeon is so happy with my results, I passed his expected weight loss. he said I could get to 175 or so, well I am 150 and people have actually said I was getting too skinny. guess I need to bulk up with some muscles... Wish me luck, i will have to stay one night because when I had the other hernia fixed I got a nasty MRSA staph infection and he is going to put me on a IV antibiotic and hopefully not have the same problem Donna 277/150
Pegtrala
on 12/10/05 1:38 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. I'm so glad you wrote to fill us in on how you're doing. You have worked really hard to get to where you are, and I know this surgery will put the finishing touches on your slim body. I hope you will post how you are doing when you get back home. And Pictures! We will want to see new pictures of the new you. God bless. Peg
DianneW
on 12/11/05 2:59 pm - Louisville, KY
Good luck with the TT and hernia repair! Dianne
tonishappy
on 12/14/05 12:57 am - Greensboro, NC
Good luck and wishing you a quick recovery. Make sure to keep us posted. I too have that little sternum bone, that sticks out. I have a hernia repair and torsoplasty scheduled for Jan 17th. Needless to say I am very anxious yet more afraid than I was for my Weight Loss surgery. Thanks for the update! Toni Open DS - 20 April 2004 285/136/132
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views