My How We Have ALL Changed!

Donna Paige
on 12/3/05 10:19 pm - Pottstown, PA
I was just reading post on the board and thinking to myself just how much the faces of this board have really changed in the past 19+ months. We are thinner and there are smiles on our faces and everybody just looks so young and rejuvinated. It's amazing just HOW MUCH this surgery has changed the lives of millions. Thank God for the knowledge of these surgeons who can make such a difference in people's lifes. I can't imagine that I would even be here now had I not had this surgery. I actually look forward to waking up in the mornings now. I enjoy going out among people again. Now I know when I'm getting stares it's not because my body is so HUGE that they look at me as some sort of freak show. But.. on occasion that thought does cross my mind when I get a look. I guess my reflections are such because I know I again am going to have a changing surgery. My body will never look like it did before. It's like becoming a whole new person. And on that note I'll quit rambling. Big Kuddos to all you good looking people! Donna Paige 339/148
DianneW
on 12/4/05 12:03 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks for the post Donna. You are so right. This surgery changed my life so much for the better. I do things I never could have done before, mainly talk to people, socialize, etc. My life is better than I could have ever imagined. I will be praying for you tomorrow, for a speedy recovery! Dianne
lacmike
on 12/5/05 12:06 pm - York, PA
A few months ago my best friend told me that she has me back. I guess what she means is that I am no longer her meloncholly friend who hates herself and has eaten herself fat. My daughter has told me that I am more conceited since I lost weight but I think I am more confident. I am struggling with the change in my appearance and how I am treated differntly by people who did not know me fat. I personally feel I did not change much except for the way I carry myself, I have the body I always dreamed of less the wrinkles and sagging skin, but I am still the same person and at times still lost trying to find my way home. Lori 258/138
Pegtrala
on 12/5/05 11:46 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. I just read you post today and then your profile and realized that you had your surgery yesterday! I'm praying for you! Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views