Gas and bloating with bread

DianneW
on 11/29/05 12:27 am - Louisville, KY
Does anyone have problems eating bread. The past couple days I have had gas and bloating and the only thing I think can be causing it is bread. I feel so limited in what I can eat, I hate to eliminate anything else. I went to the cardiologist yesterday and he said he is concerned about my nutrition and that I should get some counseling. I did make an appt. to see a dietician here but I can't go till my vacation 12/30/05. I'm getting really frustrated. Dianne 340/130
lacmike
on 11/29/05 9:02 am - York, PA
Diane, As anything else some days I struggle with bread. I really get sick from the whole grain breads, they just make me feel yukky, so if I want bread, I will eat Italian or toasted. Now, I do not eat it every day, usually once a week and I try to limit it but some days when I eat it, I feel it just sticking in my belly. Lori 258/138
DianneW
on 11/29/05 9:07 am - Louisville, KY
Maybe I'll try something lower in fiber. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/29/05 9:38 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. I don't know if this will help you, but I take Beeno if I think I might have a problem with a certain food. I take it with the first bite. So far, so good. Sorry you are still having eating problems. By the way, you look terrific! Peg
DianneW
on 11/29/05 8:57 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Peg, I do take that when I eat beans, I guess I could try it with other foods as well. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/30/05 9:53 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. I take Beano with anything that I think might cause gas...pears, beans, salads, etc. Good luck to you. Peg
Rae Smiles
on 12/1/05 3:04 am - Mount Airy, MD
yep, bread or other carbs (pasta, grain based snacks, etc) and sugar cause me gas and bloating problems... Not horrible but not too nice either....my husband teases me about eating sugar while riding in the car....he says that I do it on purpose to make him suffer because he can't escape....LOL Let us know how the nutrionist meeting goes...I am always interested in eating/food ideas. RAE
DianneW
on 12/1/05 3:23 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks, I'll keep you posted. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out