Dating Again Update

DianneW
on 11/24/05 11:55 pm - Louisville, KY
Well, last Sunday I had my new bo over for dinner and I made him brownies. He said, I don't eat sweets I've lost 20 pounds over the past year, I said "I've lost a lot of weight too, I had a gastric bypass". I thought he was going to faint. He just said You don't look like a gastric bypass patient. He was cool. Didn't ask to many questions, like how much I lost -thank God. Now obviously he knows the deal about the skin, because he's a doctor, so I don't think I have to explain that to him, and he's called me twice since then so I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing. Anyway, thanks for your support. On another note. I started drinking soda. I limit it to one a day, but need to get off. What is the reason we aren't suppose to drink it?
lacmike
on 11/25/05 12:25 pm - York, PA
Diane, That is so great about your new beau. With him not being a big sweets eater that is supportive for you. The guy I date has a weakness for ice cream, so if he gets some, I just take a few bites but when I cook for him he is happy because it is healthy, low fat, and low carb and he actually looses weight. I really tried to eliminate soda out of my diet. If I drink one a month that is stretching it, usually it is just a sip if I run out of tea. I love my diet, decaf that the local dairy here produces. The reason we are not suppose to drink soda is because the carbinated gas can expand our pouch. I have read that some people drink diet, decaf soda all the time. I can't do it. For me it actually hurts and is entirely too sweet. Like I said before, I bet I have not even drank 12 sodas in the past 19 months. Good luck. Lori 258/138
DianneW
on 11/25/05 11:00 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Lori, I'm going to lay off the soda. It definetly causes gas, which is not good. Dianne
Rachelq
on 11/26/05 1:31 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow, that threshold was pretty easily crossed. Good deal! Hope it continues to go well. As far as soda, its a pouch stretcher. I limit my carbonated drinks to the special occassion champagne. I have my priorities Rachel
DianneW
on 11/26/05 5:03 am - Louisville, KY
That sounds good. Thanks. Dianne
Rae Smiles
on 11/27/05 9:48 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Dianne, sounds like you handled the situation GREAT!!! I was wondering how things were going with your new beau.... best wishes to you... RAE
DianneW
on 11/28/05 9:40 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Rae. Dianne
Josie C.
on 12/18/05 6:51 am - High Desert, CA
The other reason they forgot to mention...it leeches calcium...so if you are gonna drink it...up your calcium.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views