NEED FOOD SUGGESTIONS!

DianneW
on 11/13/05 5:01 pm - Louisville, KY
As a lot of you know I'm struggling to keep up my weight and still loosing. I'm now down to 132. The biggest problem is the long list of foods I can't eat: No dairy - can eat goat's milk No nuts or nut butter including tree and peanut no nitrates - eliminates beef jerky limited carbs - because of reactive hypoglycemia (This leaves me with protien, vegies and fruit mostly.) I need to eat around 2000 calories a day to maintain and I'm having a real problem figuring out what to eat. Any suggestions? Dianne 340/132
Luann S.
on 11/13/05 11:23 pm - Green Bay, WI
Diane. Congratuations on the increasing weight loss!!! I think it's great!! Here are a few of the High Protein foods I eat: Avacado I cut this in half and eat it raw. Or, you can eat it with veggies. Hummes I also eat this with cut up veggies. Or on low fat crackers/tortilla chips. Chickpeas. These I toss in a bowl, heat and add a little butter. Or, butter flavoring. Fish, Talapia, Salmon, shrimp, etc Carl Buddig Variety of Meats. They have chicken, pastrami, ham, etc. I eat this with no bread and a slice of fat free cheese slices. Goat Milk cheese on cucumbers with Basil leaves. Sometimes, it's hard to have variety in your diet. But, hopefully this may give you some ideas.
Pegtrala
on 11/14/05 6:35 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Luann. Thanks for posting some high protein suggestions. It helps. Peg
DianneW
on 11/15/05 4:47 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks, the avacodo is a great idea. Hummes is as well. I already eat a lot of meat, but have to watch the nitrates or they give me migraines and can't have cheese, no cows milk. But goat cheese is ok. This helps. Thanks
Luann S.
on 11/16/05 4:43 am - Green Bay, WI
Girls thanks much. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was having a problem with the 'log in page' lol...... seems like it's all fixed now. I understand how difficult it can be to have high protein foods. I love variety and get very tired of the same things over and over. I'm always looking for new recipe's too. Have a good day !
Sue B
on 11/17/05 6:02 am - WI
I am gonna keep an eye on this post!! I am still losing as well & NEED TO STOP .. I have you beat, I am down to 130 ... goal was 160 hmmmm when you find the cure to stopping the weight loss let me know! (Never thought I would utter those words in a million years!!) Sue 320/130
janiej
on 11/17/05 8:48 am - Independence, IA
Sue, you look great too. I don't know about you guys, but I basically eat whatever I'm hungry for... which a lot of times isn't much. But I figure at least I'm eating because sometimes I don't. I try and make sure I'm getting healthy stuff in. My dr. told me that not eating enough and/or not getting enough protein can add to my depression, and I don't need that. I'm having lactose intolerance problems, but find if I stretch out the amount of time to eat my yogurt it goes down better. Right now just a tiny amount of food makes me really full tho. Did you ever think we would be having these problems? Janie 272/135
DianneW
on 11/17/05 10:46 am - Louisville, KY
Sue, You don't have me beat by much, I'm now down to 130. at 5'7" that's scary. I look sick. I want to weigh 150. I'm bringing two power crunch bars to work tomorrow. Dianne 320/131
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views