3 Months since 2nd Surgery!

Pegtrala
on 11/12/05 9:06 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi everyone. Today marks 3 months since I had my 2nd surgery, and I am cancer free! My first surgery, which was a modified RNY, was April 27, 2004. They removed 9/10 of my stomach because of cancer and my gallbladder. On August 12, 2005, they removed the rest of my stomach along with my spleen and part of my pancreas and made me a pouch for a stomach. It works great, and I am able to eat almost anything. I just follow the rules about not eating and drinking at the same time. I am so greatful to the Lord, my family, and all of my friends, and I just wanted to share my thankfulness with you since the OH Messageboard has been there throughout most of this with me. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am so glad that we can share our experiences with each other and give each other hope. I hope you continue to reach for your dreams because you're worth it! Peg
Rae Smiles
on 11/12/05 10:50 am - Mount Airy, MD
Peg, I am so glad that you have come through your ordeal with a happy ending....I was wondering how things were going...but was afraid to ask. Best wishes to you for continued good health. RAE
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:34 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks for the note, RAE. Sounds like you and your flat tummy are doing well. Congrats, and I wish you well on your upcoming surgeries. Peg
Dedicated
on 11/12/05 9:14 pm - Eleva, WI
So happy for you! Sounds like you are doing just fantastic!
DianneW
on 11/13/05 11:56 am - Louisville, KY
Peg, I'm so happy for you! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:43 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Dianne. I really appreciate you and your prayers. I know that the prayers of my family and friends have helped to keep me going. I am truly blessed, and I must admit I feel very humbled by the outpouring of love I have received. It makes me have the courage to keep on working to get well. I was able to stand the whole time today at church and help lead the singing. It felt like such a victory. Thank you again for your note and your prayers, Dianne. I'll continue to lift you up in prayer too. Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:45 pm - Beaverton, OR
By the way, Dianne, you look wonderful! Peg
DianneW
on 11/13/05 4:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Peg, you look wonderful too. You are an inspiration to us all! Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:37 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. Thanks for the note. Yes, I am doing well, and I count each day as a blessing. I think people who have been in my position really do appreciate the little things in life. In fact, I think anyone who has been in OUR shoes knows what a gift this WLS surgery is. It's a chance to live a complete life...one with fewer limitations. We just need to make the most of it. Peg
Rachelq
on 11/14/05 6:48 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Peg, Thanks for sharing this fantastic news!!! My prayers continue to be with you! Hugs, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views