Dating again.

DianneW
on 11/1/05 4:51 am - Louisville, KY
I have been dating again since August. Friday night I had a date with a very nice man, who actually called again (Yeah). It is the first person I have really liked. It brings up a host of questions, when do I tell him about the surgery, etc.? Any suggestions? Dianne
Donna Paige
on 11/1/05 8:19 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good luck on the dating game Dianne. I'm thrilled I don't have to deal with all that. Course I'd truly love to toss my husband away sometimes. LOL But then I'm afraid I'd want to date and that is one scary scary thing. Sorry I don't have any advice on the telling him about the surgery. I have no clue how to date anymore. BTW, your weightloss is amazing. Wish I could lose another 20lbs. These last few lbs have been a real nightmare. I am still losing a lb or two every couple of months but the munchies are a real bear for me. Sometimes I feel like I eat like a normal person again. I know I don't but it's so much more than it once was. Good luck on your dating journey! Donna
DianneW
on 11/2/05 2:26 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Donna, Do you by anychance have the link for the dating after surgery message board, I think there is one but can't find it. Hang in there with you last few pounds. You can do it. Dianne
Larakatya
on 11/2/05 2:51 am - Twin Cities, MN
Congrats Dianne! Like any major thing in life - you tell him in your time. Whatever is more comfortable for you. Some people are uber direct and want all cards on the table right up front - some people wait until things are relevant. My guess is you wait and see - the moment will present itself, and you'll tell him. Hugs and stuff, ~Lara
DianneW
on 11/3/05 10:28 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Lara, so far I'm taking the wait and see approach. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:26 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. I agree with Lara. I think you will know the right time. The surgery was one of the most important decisions you made in your life. When things turn more intimate, then you can tell him. In the meantime, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I am dating a wonderful man. Oh, wait a minute! He's my husband! We've been together almost 38 years...the day after Thanksgiving. I hope you find your Prince. You deserve the very best. Peg
DianneW
on 11/3/05 10:29 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Peg, it is nice to be dating a nice guy! Dianne
ruthdebra
on 11/3/05 1:56 pm - Palm Springs, CA
I agree with Lara - the timing will be right. Also - if you're self-conscious about any excess skin, I think prior to taking your clothes off would be a good plan. I'm glad you've met someone nice as you sure deserve it. Ruth
DianneW
on 11/3/05 10:30 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Ruth, Yes, I'm definetly worried about the excess skin, and plan to tell him before the clothes come off, which I hope will be a little while. Dianne
Dedicated
on 11/4/05 12:41 am - Eleva, WI
Heck, thats private. I'd wait until it comes up naturally, definitely after at least a few more dates. No sense sharing everything with someone that is essentially still a stranger. Do what feels comfortable to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views