Plastic Surgery Appeal

Donna Paige
on 10/31/05 8:44 am - Pottstown, PA
Hey have any of you been denied for the Tummy Tuck and had to appeal? I have to write a letter to appeal the decision. They said it was COSMETIC. My breast they approve but my 10lb hanging blob is cosmetic. I could use some help on an appeal letter. I'm getting very discouraged. After losing 187lbs you'd think they could see what a painful and unnatural thing that it is hanging there just getting rash after rash under it. YUCK! 339/152
Pegtrala
on 10/31/05 3:21 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. I don't have any words of wisdom. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying that they will come to their senses and do the right thing for you. Congrats on the amazing weight loss! Peg
DianneW
on 11/1/05 4:49 am - Louisville, KY
I haven't tried yet, good luck. Dianne
lacmike
on 11/1/05 6:00 am - York, PA
Donna, Do you have any documentation from your doctor that would state that you are getting yeast infections or any kind of infection? The health risks of the excess skin, etc. Check with your doctor and then find out what medical problems your insurance mandates to cover your tummy tuck. Lori
Donna Paige
on 11/1/05 8:12 pm - Pottstown, PA
I have taken many many photos myself and have gone to the Doctors. My plastic surgeon never asked me for this information. I'm going to see him this morning to find out what he suggest to provide. I can't imagine them turning down me down after seeing these disgusting photos. They are quite embarassing. I'm not the most articulate person in the world and I hate having to write this letter of appeal because I'm afraid I won't be able to convey my true feelings and how bad this skin is. I get so depressed when I check out how many people who get approved for a TT who have not lost nowhere near as much weight as I have. I'm trying not to be jealous but the green eyed monster is really getting to me. I keep thinking that the 10lbs of skin would put me at goal. I'm really struggling with my depression again which in turn leads me to EAT like a PIGGGGG!
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:29 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. What did the pastic surgeon say today? I'm glad you have your pictures as documentation. Aren't they worth a thousand words? Peg
Donna Paige
on 11/4/05 11:33 pm - Pottstown, PA
The plastic surgeon basically told me that he would write a letter of appeal but I needed to have one done also which I already knew. I got my primary care physician to write one also. We are sending pictures of the infections along with the letters. I can't believe they can deny me arfter reading their own requirements for surgery and I meet and exceed every single one of them. It's just a frustrating mess. I hope no one else has to go through this. The plastic surgeon that I saw was not the one who is going to operate on me but he did say that He was highly suprised I got denied by looking at the photos but he told me that the majority of the cases DO get approved on first try which made me feel like poop. I can't figure out what went wrong but all the letters, pictures etc.. are going out on Monday. HOpefully they will review them quickly as my breast reduction is the 5th of December and I'd like to have it all done at once. It's one night stay in the hospital.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views