Losing again.

Peggy Boyd
on 10/26/05 12:14 am - Antioch, TN
I have not updated in a while because I was ashamed of myself. I was not sticking to my diet and stopped losing weight at about my year aniversary. I put back on 12 lbs from my low of 264.8. I got back up to 276. Well I am back and I have been on a diet again. In the past five days I have lost 3 lbs back off. I know its not much but its a start. My question is how to keep motivated. I still have about 80 lbs to lose. I have been seeing a counsler for about 4 months and she is great and supportive, but at home at night I have to face my own demons. We keep unhealthy foods in the house because everyone else eats them and they are very tempting. I am fighting a complete lack of self discipline. My surgeon says my surgery is a success but my family doctor wants me to lose down to 230 before I have a tummy tuck. I started at 408.8 lbs. I am a vegitarian and I take my vitamins and drink my protein. I could use some encouragement. Feel free to e-mail or respond here. My surgery date was April 26, 2004. Thanks in advance for your support, I read this board all the time.
Pegtrala
on 10/26/05 10:40 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Peggy. I just sent you an email. We can do this! Peg
Dedicated
on 10/29/05 12:03 am - Eleva, WI
DON't BE ASHAMED. I've been stuck since January of this year. I keep losing and gaining the same 5-7 pounds. SUCKS. I still have about 50 pounds to go. This wasn't a quick fix or magic pill, as much as I was hoping it would be, I knew better, but I was hoping. If its your house, those foods are out of there, or at least they could hide them from you so you don't have to look at them! Log your food at fitday.com, that helps me a lot. One day at a time.
Peggy Boyd
on 10/30/05 9:56 pm - Antioch, TN
Thank you for responding and letting me know I am not alone. I think another problem is that I moved from health conscience Los Angeles to the Middle of "Feeding you means I love you" country. I will do as you say and try to take it one day at a time. Or at this stage, about five minutes at a time without picking up a snack.
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/05 12:26 pm - Pembroke, MA
(((((((((((gigantic hug))))))))))) I totally empathize. Really. I've got a major food-addiction, and it's taken me months of stuck-ness to realize it. :hug: Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
Peggy Boyd
on 10/30/05 10:02 pm - Antioch, TN
Have you gotten over it? And if so, How? Nobody expects a crack addict to break the cycle alone, but at home they just tell me how great I have done so far and be happy with it. I am still 70lbs over weight.
Pegtrala
on 11/1/05 1:15 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Peggy. I agree with you. Since I am recovering from my second surgery and they did not find cancer this time, everyone is so happy for me. I don't think anyone except for maybe my DH realizes how addicted I STILL am to food! I do need a support group, and I know it is going to be up to me to find one. I have thought about going back to Weigh****chers or maybe back to Overeaters Anonymous. I know there is a WLS surgery support group that meets once a month in my town, but I know that isn't often enough. I also think that I am scared that I will regain my weight. After my first surgery when I only had 1/10 of my stomach, I was still able to regain about 15 lbs after I lost 60 lbs initially. This is my second surgery, and I think I won't truly believe I can and will lose the weight until I see myself below 200 lbs. I have lost the 15 lbs. I regained after my first surgery plus about 5 more, but I am really working over this 1-2 lbs. between 209 and 210! I told my DH that I will start believing that I can lose weight when I get to 208 and below. We'll see. Peggy, are you going to a support group? I think I will add that to my task list for this week and really work at finding one. Good luck to you. Let's keep posting. It sure helps me! Peg
Peggy Boyd
on 11/2/05 2:55 am - Antioch, TN
I am in a support group. We meet the first Thursday of every month. My counsler told me last night that I need more help for my food addiction than she can provide. She is recommending that I seek help from the clinic that specializes in eating disorders. Depending on the chart I look at I need to lose between 70 and 80 more lbs. I fell off the wagon over last weekend and gain back the weight I lost the week before, but I will start over again today. I am thinking about going to overeaters annonymous near my home. Has anyone used this group?
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:08 pm - Beaverton, OR
Peggy, I just typed in Overeaters Anonymous Oregon in Google and found a website for my state. I then found a listing of the local meetings and printed out the locations, dates, and times for the OA meetings in my area. I now have no excuse! I am going to look into attending a meeting next week. I can't this week because I am under the weather with a cold, plus we have company coming from out of state on Friday. Let me know what you decide to do. I have gone to OA in the past, and I did find them to be a very caring group. I just wasn't ready to lose weight at the time. I hope I am ready this time. I'll let you know! Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views