Starting to lose weight again! Yay!

Pegtrala
on 10/22/05 3:20 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi April 2004 Board. I just had to write because I am so excited! It has been about 2 1/2 months since my second stomach surgery (I had stomach cancer removed the first time), and I am finally starting to feel I am on the road to recovery! It has been very tough, but I am so grateful that the Lord has been with me every step of the way, and He has blessed me with so much support from my family and friends. Because I had to have the rest of my stomach removed this second time around and a new pouch made, my surgeon put in a feeding tube to help me get the nutrition I needed to heal. It has worked well, and initially I only lost about 15 lbs. after surgery. The feeding tube came out on Monday, and I am FINALLY starting to lose weight again! Thank you, Lord! I initially lost about 60 lbs with my first surgery, but I regained about 15 of them when they discovered Sept. 2004 that the 1/10 of my stomach that was left was producing abnormal cells again. It started me on some pretty emotional eating binges! I have now lost that 15 lbs I had regained, plus almost another 5. I am starting on a brand new journey with no more worries about ever getting stomach cancer again. I can't! I no longer have a stomach! Now I can concentrate on regaining my health and losing weight. This feels so good! I was so happy for all of you when I read your success stories about losing your weight. Now I am going to be able to join you with my own success story! My first goal is to weigh less than my husband and our two grown sons. I only have a little over 10 lbs to go! In fact, I only have a little over 10 lbs until I reach ONE-DERLAND! I'll let you know when I get there. Hope to be posting that news real soon! Peg 274/210/goal?
Dedicated
on 10/22/05 10:06 pm - Eleva, WI
Good for you! We actually started at the same weight! You have been an inspiration to me and a reality check. Whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself for not reaching my goal yet, I think of all you've been through. Keep up the good work! Tina 274/196/ ?
Pegtrala
on 10/23/05 1:28 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Tina. I am so glad you wrote! You are one of the people that I have been following, and it's so good to hear from you! I felt like I had been left in the dust by everybody, and now that I have heard from you and realize that you are still working at it, I am going to dust myself off and keep going. Maybe we can help motivate each other!!?? I am starting to enter that scary unknown where I haven't been at this weight in probably 20 years. I need to give myself permission to cross the great divide soon and enter One-derland. I'm at 210 and going down! Yay! I hope you will write again because I would love to hear from you. Take care, and God bless. Oh, and I think your puppy is adorable! Peg PS Please feel free to email me if you want.
DianneW
on 10/24/05 1:20 pm - Louisville, KY
Congratulations! dianne
Pegtrala
on 10/26/05 10:09 am - Beaverton, OR
thanks, Dianne. Hope all is going well for you. Peg
Rachelq
on 10/25/05 10:01 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Ah Peg, I'm so happy for you! You deserve great things to happen in your life. Enjoy! xo, Rachel
Pegtrala
on 10/26/05 10:11 am - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Rachel. So nice to hear from you. How are things with you? You certainly have accomplished much with your health...walking, running. etc. You definitely are my inspiration on this board. Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views