Back update

Larakatya
on 10/18/05 8:12 am - Twin Cities, MN
So, I'm scheduled for spinal decompression surgery on Thursday morning. Apparently this isn't caused by being a fattie, or by my running. I have a genetic condition that causes premature degeneration of the discs in my spine. I'll keep you posted. My doc says to be hopeful - I should be able to feel my leg again, I should be able to walk again soon, and that I should be able to start running again - even keep training for my marathon. Wishing the best for all, ~Lara Say a little prayer?
Pegtrala
on 10/18/05 1:56 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Lara. Thanks for the update. I'm not saying a little prayer for you. I'm saying a BIG one! You have been one of the bright spots on this messageboard, and I know you will be back to your cheerful, healthy self again in no time. God bless and keep you, and do let us know how you make out after surgery. Hugs, Peg
tonishappy
on 10/18/05 10:10 pm - Greensboro, NC
Lara, I had surgery in Jan 2000 on my L5 & L6. They were Blown pretty bad and I too could not feel my leg. The good thing is that when I woke up, the numbness was gone! I too will say a prayer. I know how bad it hurts and how awful it feels to not move or be comfortable in any position. Toni 285/132/138 Open DS 20 April 2005
DianneW
on 10/24/05 1:17 pm - Louisville, KY
I'll say a prayer for you! Dianne 340/137
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out