Nervous about doctor visit in the morning

Pegtrala
on 10/16/05 9:19 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi all. Well, it's 4:15 a.m., and I can't sleep. I have to be at my surgeon's office at 9:30, and I'm nervous about the results of my bloodwork from last week. I haven't seen my doctor in almost 3 weeks, and I am so hoping that I am healthy enough to get my feeding tube removed. I am also hoping that the infection/abscess is gone where they removed the rest of my stomach, my spleen, and part of my pancreas. I was on antibiotics for 8 weeks, and I'm hoping I don't have to go back on them again. We'll see. I do feel better and am eating better, so that's good. I know for most of us we don't want to eat much, but for me, I need to maintain my weight so that the feeding tube can be removed. I'll work on losing more weight after that. I just needed to vent. It's been a long recovery since my second surgery August 12th. I'm glad I have a place where I can come and talk. Thanks for listening. Peg
Rae Smiles
on 10/17/05 3:16 am - Mount Airy, MD
Peg, my fingers are crossed for some good news.... Best wishes!! RAE
Pegtrala
on 10/17/05 4:07 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi RAE. Thanks for your encouragement. I just got back from the doctor's office, and I am now without my feeding tube! Yay! He also said my infection is gone and my lab work looks good. I am still anemic, but he said that should subside in about 6 months. I just read your recent profile entry. Way to go on the TT! I will be thinking good thoughts about you as you head back to work. Take it easy. Thanks again for writing. Peg
DianneW
on 10/18/05 5:01 am - Louisville, KY
Hi Peg, Congratulations on getting your Feeding tube out! I hope you continue to improve medically. Rae, hang in there with work. 4 weeks is a long time to be out. I don't think I'll ever have the time to do plastic surgery. Oh well. Dianne 340/138
Pegtrala
on 10/18/05 1:25 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Dianne. Hope you are doing okay. I know you are struggling to maintain and not lose at this point. I'm cheering you on. Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views