UPDATE on RAE Smiles

Rae Smiles
on 10/1/05 12:34 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Everybody!! It has been almost 2 weeks since my extended tummy tuck with muscle tightening and lipo. I am doing great!!!! I still can't completely stand up yet, but almost...it is going to feel so good to stand up straight AND roll back my shoulders... Went back to Dr.Vogel on Wednesday and he took out 1 on my drains, leaves me with one more... I have to say that having that drain taken out was VERY painful....but I got through it and now one more to go... He also removed some of my staples, but they were NOT deep, surface really....in fact, days later, you can't even see where the staples were... He put on steri-strips and some have already fallen away...my incision line is so faint already....and no marks from the staples.... On Wednesday, when Dr. Vogel came in the room, I asked him if he could fit me in that afternoon for my breast lift.....he joked around and said...sure.... But he wants me to wait at least 4 months....bummer!!! But it will help me in the long run so he can perhaps do more lipo if I need it.... My next app't is Monday and he mentioned taking out my other drain...I don't think that is going to happen....seems that it is draining even more now than it was....also, could be because I am doing more...I think I need to be more quiet for a while... Anyway, I am fine...I did have a bloodclot scare, but you can check out my profile for that story...turned out to be a VERY sore muscle in the back of my leg... Anyway, best wishes to all.... RAE
Pegtrala
on 10/1/05 5:29 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi RAE. Congrats! I know the worst is behind you, and you'll soon be feeling well enough to go shopping! That always makes me feel better. Keep us posted on your progress. Just imagine how wonderful you will look after the next surgery. Keep up the good work, and take it easy, even if you are going a bit stir crazy. All the best. Peg
DianneW
on 10/2/05 10:14 pm - Louisville, KY
Glad you are doing so well. Dianne
Rachelq
on 10/4/05 8:01 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Good job! Hope you are continuing to heal well! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting