What have you gained???

Rachelq
on 9/27/05 4:53 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow Peg, Once again I am humbled by your increadible attitude toward life. You have hit it on the head. I have a saying in my own life, "Learn to enjoy the simple things because sometimes that's all you get...a most of the time its all you need". Singing songs of praise...Never will I take that for granted again. I'm running tonight and will think of you my friend! Rachel
janiej
on 9/27/05 3:04 am - Independence, IA
Thanks for asking this great question. I've totally gained my health and realized I am finally living the life I've always wanted. I realized that in the past I wasn't truly the person I was telling everyone I was. I'm now stronger (mentally and physically) and know that I will no longer "settle" for anyone or anything. I absolutely love going to the gym and sweating. Even though I still have some food issues I am much better about my choices. I am a size which I am totally comfortable in and no longer have diabetes and high cholestrol. I have a man in my life who I am truly deserving of and can run and do anything I want with my son, who is so very proud of me. I have literally been picked up by both the guys in my life who tell me I am a featherweight. Me ~ a featherweight. I will never go back to where I've come. Life is so good I have to pinch myself to make sure I live each day to the fullest. Live for today for tomorrow is always another day. Make each day the best. I am. Janie
Rachelq
on 9/27/05 4:57 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey Featherweight! Thanks for the response! You know, this got me thinking...I didn't realize how much of myself I had lost as I got bigger and sicker...I tried to hold on to who I was...but the way I was living was forcing me to make more and more compromises. Compromises that wheren't clear to me then, but are abudantly clear to me know. Yes...I am who I've always wanted to be. Thanks for the reminder. Rachel
ruthdebra
on 9/27/05 3:35 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hello Rachel, my very lovely friend, I am also so saddened by John's death. It's a risk that we all have taken but he was so special it does seem extra hard. A gentle soul he was. You've gotten such good answers to this question. Of course regaining my health is the largest piece of this. I had severe asthma which has become a distant memory - the waking 2-3 times a night, the emergency inhalers, the hospitalization not knowing if I'd make it or not, the medications just to be able to breathe. Not being able to walk a block, or do anything without wheezing and huffing and puffing. No hypertension anymore either. Being able to exercise is a great gain. Being pain-free most of the time. Not perfect as there is no way to reverse some of the things we have done to our bodies. And being able to wear petite clothing again. And most of the time a size 4 Petite. Some 2s - some 6s. Aren't women's clothing sizes weird? I love it - no more hems on everything I buy! Being able to shop in real stores and enjoy trying clothes on instead of those dressing room agonies and tears. I haven't gained a life - I had one prior to surgery and it was a good one in many ways. I'm in a loving relationship, mentally and politically active. I'm just able to do so much more and feel that I'll be around on this planet for a much longer time. And - I have gained the ability to give back the support that I have received from others. Thanks for asking this question. Be well, Ruth
Rachelq
on 9/27/05 4:48 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Oh ((((((((Ruth))))))))))), Thank you for posting. This has been so hard. So many emotion wrapped up in losing John. I haven't cried this much in so long. His funeral is Thursday. It is bitter sweet as memorials usually are. The Cali board has really pulled together and many of us are meeting there and providing food for the evening. I feel so blessed to be sharing this with my friends. Friends I didn't know 1 or 2 years ago...true friends. Definitely one of the great things I have gained since WLS. You have used your tool to the fullest. Continue to do so...in honor of John but mostly in honor of yourself. In good health, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views