Hi Everyone!!!

Just Janice
on 9/19/05 2:42 am - Houston, TX
Hello! Long time, no post...slap me! LOL Just a little note and a question.... I had some issues last week which lead to a buttload of testing...Lo and behold, I have gallstones and am having my gallbladder removed next week. Anyone here have this done? I want to know what to expect, and how long the recovery period was for you....My mother is coming down to help out with the kids, and I need to know how long (approx) so that I can make her flight arrangements.... Congrats for all of your successes!!! Janice
Dedicated
on 9/19/05 7:17 am - Eleva, WI
If you don't have to lift them, you should feel ok enough to handle the household (minus the laundry lifting and vacuuming) within a few days to a week.
Just Janice
on 9/19/05 11:20 am - Houston, TX
Thanks! I figured the recovery would not be long, minus the lifting... Shhh on the household duties..I am trying to get some time off here! LMAO! Janice
Sue B
on 9/19/05 9:24 am - WI
Hi! I had my Gallbladder out about 3 months before WLS and it was a breeze! Day Surgery ... I went in at 8am & was home at 3pm. I was out for 2 weeks from work, but wanted to go back about 1 week after surgery. My tummy was sore like the WLS (looking back) but not as much pain. I waited 2 weeks to lift anything over 10# (milked that one for like 3-4 weeks HA HA). I would say 2 weeks should be about right - I was feeling pretty good by then. Best wishes for a fast recovery! Sue 320/137
Just Janice
on 9/19/05 11:22 am - Houston, TX
Thanks! I am not really worried about the pain, as I have a freakishly high pain tolerance, just the possible injury to myself if I overdo it.... They are keeping me overnight instead of doing it as an outpatient surgery, jsut my surgeons preference (I have heard of several others going home the same day). I am sort of hapy about staying...maybe I can get a nap in! LOL Thanks again!!
Pegtrala
on 9/22/05 8:06 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Janice. I had my gallbladder removed at the time of my first surgery, so I really can't judge. I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking about you. Take care, and let us know how you're doing. Peg
Rachelq
on 9/23/05 5:23 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey, I miss your posts funny lady. Sorry about the gallstones...no advice, just wishing you well. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views