Hypoglycemia

LesaPurdy
on 9/11/05 1:34 am - panama city bch, fl
Hi Dianna, I know exactly what you mean..I start getting very dizzy,shakey,light headed.. I keep skittles in my back pack at school and pop a few of them from time to time.. The other day we were checking everyones blood sugar in class( training to be a nurse) ..and I actually felt fine... My blood sugar was 58.. my instructor looked at me and asked me if I was feeling ok.. I said yes,I was ..but some days I get so dizzy and shaky and lightheaded and weak.. and I'll check it and it's 61.. she says 60-120 is within normal but 60 is lowwwwwwwwwwwww.. and I was a 58.. so I know what you mean...good luck.. best wishes, lisa
LesaPurdy
on 9/11/05 1:38 am - panama city bch, fl
to add something..I have noticed that in the mornings if I eat a small cup of cottage cheese..I feel fine thoughout the school day.. I usually try toeat a lot of protein.. but the mornings I have noticed a shakiness are the days I have had 1/2 a bagel.. wow.. see we learn something new every day
DianneW
on 9/12/05 11:50 pm - Louisville, KY
I've been trying to eat a few nuts every couple of hours, that seems like it's helping, but I'm still very tired. Dianne
brinkman_d
on 9/17/05 1:59 pm - Chandler, AZ
I'm also suffer from frequent episodes of Hypoglycemia and I have low blood pressure. I'm eating about every 2.5 hours to avoid the low blood sugar. I find some foods seem to stave off the episodes longer than others, and one that works for me is peanut butter in the morning. I usually eat a snack of cheese and crackers before bed to avoid nocturnal episodes. I'm sorry so many of us experience this, but I'm relieved I'm not alone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views