More weight gain..

ElvisGreaserGirl
on 9/6/05 1:24 am - Los Angeles, CA
I keep gaining weight. 3 pound chunks. I have now gained over 15 pounds in 4 months. I dont know what I have changed except excercise. The fear and anxiety about being fat again makes me want to eat more. I am drinking my water, eating my protein, not going over my caloric intake.. so how do you control it? Is anyone else gaining weight.. AND NOT OVEREATING. I know about gaining weight because of eating too many calories, but I am watching my intake. Im wondering if its the malabsorbtion.. I am just absorbing them again???
Dedicated
on 9/6/05 6:37 am - Eleva, WI
Sounds like you need to make a call to your surgeon! I haven't gained, I just can't lose my last 40!
Rae Smiles
on 9/7/05 12:27 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, while I gained only a few pounds, I freaked....for me, I haven't started eating huge portions or even unhealthy food...I find that I am now hungry almost all the time.....not good!! I have lost the few lbs but am now constantly aware of my hunger, and how much I have eaten.... Talk with your dietian/nutritionist...maybe she can offer something...also, perhaps you should ask your PCP to run bloodwork to be sure that you are not having a problem with yoru thyroid.... When you mention exercise...I am going to assume you mean that you have started exercising...that could account for some weight gain...because of acquired muscle mass....do your clothes still fit? or have you physicallly gained fat? I am very interested in your experiences because I feel that I have entered a new stage of my recovery....maintaining my weight...something that I have never successfully done, or at least for any length of tme....any of your observations are helpful to me. keep us posted please, RAE
Rachelq
on 9/7/05 8:41 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Hon, Long time no post. Lordy, I hear your desparation and I'm sorry things are tough for you right now. But, what's your BMI...and are the jet skiing pics recent...if so, you look as awesome as ever! You look like you are in fantastic shape. So try to keep that in perspective. Next, I gained back about 5lbs at about the 8th month...yikes. So I started logging my food intake into FITDAY.com again. And I was really surprised to see how many calories I was getting in in a day. Soooo, I recommitted myself to getting my diet a little 'cleaner' in terms of protien first (though I still endulge on the occasional candy, etc). I don't do shakes, cuz they don't keep me full. And I logged my food intake daily...to every last bite. I also have a pretty strict - 6 day a week work out routine. I run three and to curcuit trianing / weights the other 3. All that being said, you and I weigh basically the same...I'm 137 and 5'4". I never expected to get under 145, so I'm pretty happy...its just a different perspective. As far as malabsrobtion goes, I never really felt like I was malabsorbing. I don't think they bypassed much of my intenstine which is what causes the malabsorption. I just couldn't eat much for the first 8 months. I can eat a lot more now (with out feeling like I'm overindulging), so my workout routine is critical to my maintenance. Anyway...just some thoughts...I want you to know I support you and wish you well. Talk with your surgeon and keep us posted on progress. Rachel
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 9/7/05 9:57 am - Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I feel very out of control. I took your fit day advise. I have been on for the past couple of days. My portyion, calories, protein, is all in check. I am living on less than 1100 calories a day.. That would be my maintance weight, so I am assuming that the lack of exercise has made me gain weight. I am going to keep watching. I just see photos of Carnie Wilson, Al Roker.. The American Idol guy.. all fat again.. and here I packed on 15 pounds in a few months.. Its scary. Im doing my best to keep an eye on it, if anyone else experiences weight gain after the one year mark.. let me hear from you!
ruthdebra
on 9/7/05 9:26 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Jamie - Exercise is the answer if that's what you changed. Are you still working with a trainer? I seem to have the opposite problem even though I'm not as small as you. If I exercise a lot and don't make up for it in eating more I lose - a couple of pounds. I don't seem to have trouble gaining it back but I do have to eat consciously. In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd ever say that I don't want to lose any more weight but at 116 and a size 4 I'm very pleased and don't want to lose any more, especially in my face. Three or 4 times a week is about optimal for exercise for me - do you do that much? And maybe your body is just finding a healthier weight. How are your blood tests? Would love to see you. Ruth
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 9/7/05 10:00 am - Los Angeles, CA
No.. I DID stop working out. I was paying $800 bucks a month and well, didnt fit within my budget. Not to mention I started traveling and didnt feel like working it within my routine. Albeit, I still watch my calories.. Which means I shouldnt be gaining so quickly. I finally gave in and called Dr. N.. I see him Sept 20th. I have not had my labs done is 6 months, so its about time. 116 pounds!!! Good for you.. Size 4.. Now your smaller than me
loriann117
on 9/9/05 2:03 pm - New Bern , NC
I am going through the same thing....At this point I don't know if I have gained any weight because we are in the process of moving and they packed my scale!! We are moving back to the states and my scale has been gone for 3 weeks. I look at myself in the mirror and put on some of my clothes and they are tight!! I am personally struggling with this. I want to find a scale, but to tell you the truth I am scared of what I might find. I have asked my husband to tell me if he sees any weight gain, but he says it doesn't look like it to him,but of course he sees me everyday. (He didn't even notice that I got to 231 pounds!!) So not much help on that end for me. I know that I am eating more then I did before, but I still eat less all day then some people eat in one meal. Of course after eating so little for over a year it seems that I am pigging out. I do admit that I have had a sweet tooth and can tolerate sweets in a small amount. Of course the other day I ate half of a pop tart and boy did it send me into the dumping syndrome. I was glad to know that was still working, but still worry about what the scale is going to tell. Anyway just wanted to let you know that I too am going through the samething you are......So much fear and anxiety about ever getting fat again is sending me into a tail spin!! Oh I never want to get fat again!!! Once I do find a scale I will let you know how much damage I have done to myself!! Take Care Lori 231/last checked 121....not sure what it is these days
LesaPurdy
on 9/17/05 7:21 am - panama city bch, fl
hey girlie you look great!!! Not sure why your gaining weight? what are you eating? are you grazing alot? I am in class for 8 hours a day and stay up studying till 12-1 a.m. I have been losing weight..I am freezing all the time..and I live in florida!!!! sheese.. My weight seems to be staying the same but I am losing inches once again..I can wear a 2 comfortable but still wear my 3/4.. good to hear from you, Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views